Pride of America, Pre-Cruise Stay Waikiki Beach Marriott, Transfer of Luggage Questio

Shady Rest Hotel

Hello, we will be sailing on the Pride of America. We have a one night pre-cruise stay at the Waikiki Beach Marriott. We purchased this through NCL along with transfers.

I need to understand how luggage is collected and ensured it gets on the transfer to the pier. We're considering renting a car and touring Pearl Harbor early in the morning the day of the transfer and embarkation, etc.

Since we purchased the transfer can we still have our luggage transported on the transfer even if we're not present?

Does the hotel or NCL collect the luggage from the guests' rooms and ensure the luggage gets on the transfer?

Or is there an NCL holding area for luggage and does NCL ensure the appropriate luggage gets on the transfer?

Or are the guests responsible for hauling their luggage to the transfer and ensuring it gets on the transfer?

Thank you in advance...

Yes, thank you. I haven't been able to get a consistent answer from NCL. I plan to call the NCL desk located at the hotel. They haven't been answering but I heard they are only there on Fridays. We booked directly with NCL. I just wanted feedback from others as well. Again, thank you.

I doubt they collect the luggage from your room. You probably have to bring it to the lobby.

You may have to be aboard the bus to have your luggage on it. They are probably concerned about safety.

If you are going to Pearl Harbor that morning, get your Arizona tickets in advance from the Parks Department. Don't rent a car unless there is a car rental in your hotel. I'd take The Bus which is really cheap but can take a while. Check the price of Uber/Lyft R/T. It might be cheaper then car rental.

I'm on a cruisetour in May and just downloaded my edocs and intinary I'm at the Marriott for 3 days prior to my cruise. I've been instructed to attach downloaded luggage tags and leave my bags on my room. We are then going on a tour with direct transfer to the POA. The instructions indicate my luggage will be picked up and taken to my cabin onboard. Hope this helps. Debbie

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

We just got home from POA and stayed at Marriott. We were told to leave all bags in room and they were sent to our suite and staged outside of door . They were almost all there when we were allowed to get into room at 3:00. The rest of bags showed up within 10-15 minutes . We were assigned 11:15 to take shuttle to ship. It went extremely smooth

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Marriott was great . Only problem with cruise was the dining room food was very poor as was moderno . The food at cagneys was terrific as was teppanyaki. If you are early riser the buffet was a chaotic zoo so if you go after 8:00 it was fine for breakfast . We ate twice at night at buffet it was typical buffet food . The comedian was very funny . Finally wow was that a small shower

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm on a cruisetour in May and just downloaded my edocs and intinary I'm at the Marriott for 3 days prior to my cruise. I've been instructed to attach downloaded luggage tags and leave my bags on my room. We are then going on a tour with direct transfer to the POA. The instructions indicate my luggage will be picked up and taken to my cabin onboard. Hope this helps. Debbie

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Thank you, it's good to know they include this information in the eDocs. I called NCL directly on this topic and they couldn't give me a definitive answer. Thanks again and enjoy your cruisetour!

As others mentioned you leave your luggage in your room. The paper they give you at checkin to the hotel will tell you what to do. There is no NCL checkin at the Marriott you need to go to the general group tour checkin area. Here is a video of our room we had.

http://Https://youtu.be/zW9yYimxygA

Sent from my iPad using Forums