We were just upgraded to Club Class

Linsifer

The service was great. The special dishes were very good' date=' as was the food overall. Really, the whole dining experience was the best we've seen in years.[/quote']

Wow. Sounds great.

Were you offered the opportunity to dine with others?

Wow. Sounds great.

Were you offered the opportunity to dine with others?

No, but we didn't ask either. We were a group of 3. We also liked the fact that the tables were farther apart than on normal TD. There, you have maybe 6 inches between tables. In club class, the tables were clearly separate.

No' date=' but we didn't ask either. We were a group of 3. We also liked the fact that the tables were farther apart than on normal TD. There, you have maybe 6 inches between tables. In club class, the tables were clearly separate.[/quote']

Thanks

A lot of positive comments about Club Class dining.

Would appreciate hearing from anyone about what they like so much.

Diane,

My husband and I cruised to Alaska on the Grand Princess in May. It was our first Princess cruise, but my 5th, his 4th cruise. We booked Club Class even though some friends who cruise Princess a lot said they didn't feel Club Class was worth the extra cost (they had never gone CC). After our experience, we would definitely book Club Class again!

We greatly enjoyed the location of our cabin- D424 - if I would have looked into it more, I probably would have chosen a different deck since balconies on Dolphin on the Grand have no covering. The added benefits in the room include a full couch (pull out bed in it) instead of a chair, 2 half bottles of wine (red & white- although not great quality), canapes one night (a card was left in the room to place an order on the night you wanted them - we did not order them). The biggest benefit to us was Club Class dining. We ate most of our meals in CC- in the daVinci dining room- starboard side- but when you are approaching it is on your left. The hostess- Ana- knew our names by the second time she saw us. The entire staff was quite attentive, with some extremely attentive without being intrusive. The extra menu items were ok to fantastic. We had to wait one time- disembarkation morning- and the wait was less than 5 minutes. Ana came and found us in the shop next to the dining room to tell us our table was ready. The experience in the CC dining room truly made our trip!

Side note- Ana came to our rescue one afternoon- we had gotten back from a bike/hike/float excursion and were very tired and hungry so grabbed soup and sandwiches from the International Cafe. I was carrying the soups, he was trying to carry the sandwiches stacked (2 plates- in hindsight, we should have put both on 1 plate!) and his coffee in the other hand. We were walking across to find a table in Vines when the ship moved a bit and the top sandwich started sliding off. Out of nowhere, there was Ana to grab the plate as it slid off! She was so very sweet. Sure hope we run into her on another cruise!

-Jerie

Diane,

My husband and I cruised to Alaska on the Grand Princess in May. It was our first Princess cruise, but my 5th, his 4th cruise. We booked Club Class even though some friends who cruise Princess a lot said they didn't feel Club Class was worth the extra cost (they had never gone CC). After our experience, we would definitely book Club Class again!

We greatly enjoyed the location of our cabin- D424 - if I would have looked into it more, I probably would have chosen a different deck since balconies on Dolphin on the Grand have no covering. The added benefits in the room include a full couch (pull out bed in it) instead of a chair, 2 half bottles of wine (red & white- although not great quality), canapes one night (a card was left in the room to place an order on the night you wanted them - we did not order them). The biggest benefit to us was Club Class dining. We ate most of our meals in CC- in the daVinci dining room- starboard side- but when you are approaching it is on your left. The hostess- Ana- knew our names by the second time she saw us. The entire staff was quite attentive, with some extremely attentive without being intrusive. The extra menu items were ok to fantastic. We had to wait one time- disembarkation morning- and the wait was less than 5 minutes. Ana came and found us in the shop next to the dining room to tell us our table was ready. The experience in the CC dining room truly made our trip!

Side note- Ana came to our rescue one afternoon- we had gotten back from a bike/hike/float excursion and were very tired and hungry so grabbed soup and sandwiches from the International Cafe. I was carrying the soups, he was trying to carry the sandwiches stacked (2 plates- in hindsight, we should have put both on 1 plate!) and his coffee in the other hand. We were walking across to find a table in Vines when the ship moved a bit and the top sandwich started sliding off. Out of nowhere, there was Ana to grab the plate as it slid off! She was so very sweet. Sure hope we run into her on another cruise!

-Jerie

Wow! Thank you.

We typically book a mini in mid ship cabin location, sometimes right next to CC. So not much cabin difference. But the dining seems like something else!

Looking forward to it.

Beware, non of the mini suites on deck 9 have any privacy. All the balcony staterooms on deck 10 and above can look directly down on the deck 9 mini suites. That's one reason we always select deck 8 aft mini suites. They are covered providing privacy, shade, and if raining some protection. Also you don't get any noise from deck 8 Vista lounge.

What are you doing on your balcony that requires you have utmost privacy? ;p;p;p:P