Bristol and the Matthew Museum...

Sulo

We will be stopping into Bristol in May on our cruise and wonder if the Matthew Museum is close to the ship's tender point or the tie up port itself.

Hopefully, someone may have done this already. Would really appreciate any info.

Many thanks.

The Bristol Cruise Port is actually in Avonmouth, some 10 miles from Bristol. As far as I know there is no easy public transport so it means either a ship's shuttle or a taxi.

The Mathew is not always in Bristol as she moves around to different places. https://matthew.co.uk/whats-on

The SS Great Britain is well worth a visit to contrast what it was like then on a luxury liner to know. You will certainly appreciate the size of your cabin even more:)

Unless I'm missing something (not unknown!!), you won't dock in Bristol, but at Avonmouth about 6 miles down river from Bristol. Presumably there will be shuttle buses to take you to Bristol. The Matthew Museum is on the Floating Harbour, less than half a mile from the SS Great Britain (arguably the first 'proper' cruise ship) built by Brunel in the 1840's. Have a Google to find their exact locations. All you need then is to find where the shuttle drops you...unless you get a cab from Avonmouth , which I'm sure there will be plenty of at the cruise terminal.

Simon

Wow, thanks Bob++ and sddsddean for such a quick response. Needless to say I had no idea of the location for ship and Matthew Museum. It's certainly something to think about. However, my husband is really eager to see the Matthew Museum as he's from Newfoundland and realized the significance of his heritage. We'll certainly endeavour to get there somehow.

Thank yo both again.