1st timer

skm

A few questions:

1) When we arrive @ the cruise terminal (by taxi) the porters will be waiting for us? They take our bags...do we tip them? If so how much?

2) After getting off the ship @ the end...are there taxis waiting? Or how do we get one? Thanks SKM

Depending on the port, there should be porters available nearby, if not right where the taxi stops. Again, depending on the port, there will be taxis waiting when you disembark. There will probably be a taxi stand where you go to get the cabs. You can usually find a porter to help get your luggage to the taxis also. They will be available where you collect your luggage.

Yes, you definitely need to tip the porters who take your luggage at the pier. The customary tip is $1 per bag. If I have three bags, I tip $5. These are the people who make sure your luggage gets onto the ship - and they are NOT cruiseline employees. They are employed by the port authority.

I've always seen lines of cabs when debarking ships. If you get a porter to help you get a cab, tip him a coupla bucks.:)

Archived