cavetubing or snorkeling?

lonestartor

Personally I want to go snorkeling when I get there in January - I've been told by many that Belize has some amazing unspoilt coral and plenty of marine life. I guess cave-tubing is for the more adventurous - I'm a little scared to do it to be honest, but then I like the easy life when I'm on a cruise ;)

There are plenty of cavetubing reviews on here too though, so you could check them out.

I'm going to Turniff Atoll on a catamaran tour, the will pick us up directly from the ship and I've heard good reviews about the tour on here and from other friends - they give us time on a 'desert island' too - can't wait to get there!

Gene

Depends on what you are going to do at your other ports of call. I went cave tubing with cave-tubing.com and it was great. Do not be scare to take this tour. There were a wide range of ages on our tour. There is a 40 minute walk to is not strenuous, but rather enjoyable. The rest was float down the river in a chain fashion so no strayed away. Very cool tour. One of the great things about this is that it did not require a deposit up front and the tour was much longer and better than the ships tour. I did this one a couple of weeks ago.

Hi bobobeagle

I've been snorkeling in Cozumel before and it was great, so I'll let you know how the belize-paradise.com snorkel tour compares... I'll be going soon and will be sure to post comments here when I get back.

I can't wait, less than a week to go...! Gene

I know the the frustrartion and being torn between decisions.

I was hoping to do both - cave tubing and snorkeling. I always try to cram 27 hours into the day - especially on vacation- drives DW nuts.

I looked at the schedule and figured there would be plenty of time to go with Yhony in the morning and maybe hit an afternoon snorkel with belize-com.

These boards and the invention of e-mail is great. Disappointing but great.

According to several sources ( including Yhony) there is not enough time. I have to pick one or the other.

So much to do - to little time.

Jack

Veendam - March 2006

Archived