Extra key cards for rooms ?

Cece09

Our next cruise we booked a balcony room and my kids are going to be an interior across the hall.

Will Carnival allow us to have an extra key card to our children’s room so we can check in with them through the night if needed?

I’ve researched and found many threads stating all we have to do is go to guest services and they will give us extra cards , but these posts all seem to be old I haven’t found anything recent. I just want to make sure the policy has not changed.

Thanks in advance!

Our next cruise we booked a balcony room and my kids are going to be an interior across the hall.

Will Carnival allow us to have an extra key card to our children’s room so we can check in with them through the night if needed?

I’ve researched and found many threads stating all we have to do is go to guest services and they will give us extra cards , but these posts all seem to be old I haven’t found anything recent. I just want to make sure the policy has not changed.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, just ask at guest services and they will give you an access key card.

You won't need an additional key card. They will add the multi room access to your original key card.

I always thought you had to have two cards, one for each door, I did not know they could put two doors on one card. Is it still possible to do this at check in, now that most of the fleet is putting S&S cards in mailbox outside of cabin?

Hello!

We just did this last week. They gave me a key to my kiddos room and my son got an extra key to the other room.

We went to guest services -- it was VERY easy! I did carry 2 keys as did my son.

Ok great!

There are six of us total my husband and I and 4 kids . I would like for us all to have keys to each other’s room in case the kids need something in the middle of the night they can easily access our room. Plus my oldest daughter who will be 18 at the time is booked with me and I know in reality she’ll be staying in the room across the hall. She likes to stay out later and I was thinking how difficult that would be if I had to wake up and get my husbands key to let her in her room every night! So we should all be able to carry our sign and sail card and an extra room card?

Ok great!

There are six of us total my husband and I and 4 kids . I would like for us all to have keys to each other’s room in case the kids need something in the middle of the night they can easily access our room. Plus my oldest daughter who will be 18 at the time is booked with me and I know in reality she’ll be staying in the room across the hall. She likes to stay out later and I was thinking how difficult that would be if I had to wake up and get my husbands key to let her in her room every night! So we should all be able to carry our sign and sail card and an extra room card?

Yep. Done it on every cruise my kids have been on. Zero issue. No idea about the poster who said they could make your card multi room - never had that option offered to me, on either Carnival or Princess.