Carnival Magic - Door Question!

hi! I’m going on my very first cruise soon, on the carnival magic! Very excited, but I have a few questions I’m hoping someone can help me out with. I’ve searched so I apologize if the answer is out there and I missed it.

1. Are the cabin doors, on the MAGIC, metal? Will magnets actually attach to them or will I need something else (if so, please let me know your suggestions!)?

2. I made door decorations (basically out of card stock, ink and glue), then realized the door policy! But, I’ve been reading, and it seems like they’re not so strict with the policy. Has anyone decorated their doors recently (specifically on the Magic) and have you had anything confiscated? What types of materials did you decorate with?

3. Any first timer suggestions that I NEED to know about/things i HAVE to bring? I’ll be traveling with an 8 year old as well!

Thank you!!

We just sailed the Magic, and can somewhat answer your questions:

1--I *beleive* the doors are metal, but not 100% sure, as we used tape on our door decor.

2--Our door decor was made from colored paper, and shells (palm tree, ocean, plus shells glued to the sand area of the paper). It was not removed. In addition, I saw another door that was decorated with a fishing net and and construction paper which extended beyond the door onto the hallway wall. Clearly, they do not enforce the door decor rule here.

3--There is a "Carnival Secrets" thread currently on page one of this board. Check it out for some helpful tips and must-have items.

Have a great cruise!

CeleBrat

For our door decor, I use sticky putty. It's removable and doesn't leave a residue.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001F57ZPW/ref=asc_df_B001F57ZPW5430165/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B001F57ZPW&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167141251907&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=18098406900221415940&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9004331&hvtargid=pla-314770249408

I usually just pick up a pack of tropical cutouts from the party section of my grocery store. Flip flops, sun, shells, etc... It's honestly just for my family to identify our door.

Watch out on the last evening! I remove all the door decor, my family can NEVER locate our room! It's hysterical! They rely so much on that silly decor.

Our door magnets were always sliding off. After that, I started buying those swirly decorations that are intended to be hung from the ceiling. I hang them on the mailbox - makes it easy to spot our cabin from down the hall. I've never done much in the way of door decorating because I don't want to pack it & I don't want to spend a lot of time decorating it. I just want to be able to find my cabin easily.

I was on the Magic and our weak magnets DID NOT stick!!!! Use ticky tack that leaves no residue. If you don't go overboard, you'll probably be fine.

I also decorated the inside of my aunt's cabin for her birthday with magnetic hooks stuck to the ceiling with dollar store decorations. That way if they have to take it, no big deal.

I take tons of magnetic stuff inside the cabin like a mixture of strong and weak hooks, paper holders, and magnetic poetry. The words are fun but takes FOREVER to take off the wall.