POA - 2 br suite w lg balcony (Cat SI) vs. Penthouse Suite w lg balcony(cat SE,SF,SH)

mkgal

Quick - I've only got 2 hours to decide. Need pics and or video of POA 2 br suite with large balcony (cat SI). I can't find pics or video decent enough online to compare it to a Penthouse suite with large balcony. The square footage on the ncl website show the penthouse suites (Cat SE, SF, SH) to be much larger (like almost double) and have much larger balconies (again - almost double) than the 2 br suite (cat SI - particularly room 10678). But the deckplans make the 2 BR suite look much bigger. I would prefer a larger room and bathroom but the aft balcony is supposed to be amazing. Is the PH large balcony bigger and better??? I'm not sure if NCL website measurements are wrong, or if the pics of the deck plans are not proportionate. I have 2 hours to decide.

Sell me on which suite is better and why - GO!.

Thanks so much!

Family of 5 - 2 adults, 3 kids - 13, 11 and 7.

I can't tell you how 5 would fit in the Penthouse suite but it is a much better suite then the two BR. The best thing about the 2 BR is the wrap around balcony.

We just returned from the POA and had booked a Penthouse suite before we were able to upgrade. I did research on the 2 BR and it is a much different layout than the 2 BR on other NCL ships.

Good luck - Hawaii is amazing no matter what you choose. You are off the ship most of the time.

I can't tell you how 5 would fit in the Penthouse suite but it is a much better suite then the two BR. The best thing about the 2 BR is the wrap around balcony.

We just returned from the POA and had booked a Penthouse suite before we were able to upgrade. I did research on the 2 BR and it is a much different layout than the 2 BR on other NCL ships.

Good luck - Hawaii is amazing no matter what you choose. You are off the ship most of the time.

Thanks, fiftyguy! The Penthouse suite says it will hold 6!!! I think they planned on 2 in king bed, 2 on sofa bed and 2 in murphy bed. Thanks for your help.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=604649

Hopefully this link works to see and read about 2 BR

Thanks - it worked. I have to agree, that most people say that the balcony is the best part and that the bathroom in the 2BR is extremely tiny. Sure wish I could find a video of 10678 - unfortunately, I've looked and can't find one of it or even a sister suite. We were spoiled in a 2BR-2 bath family Haven Suite on the Escape last year so I know this will be a let-down cabin-wise. We've always wanted an aft balcony but if the PH balconies are just as large (or larger according to the TA - 92 sf vs 188 sf), room is bigger (243 sf vs 394 sf), and layout is better then I'm not sure why the 2 BR costs more. Is the view from the balcony just a million times better? Hubby is also worried about noise from the engine or too much turbulence in the aft.

Thanks again!!

Thanks - it worked. I have to agree, that most people say that the balcony is the best part and that the bathroom in the 2BR is extremely tiny. Sure wish I could find a video of 10678 - unfortunately, I've looked and can't find one of it or even a sister suite. We were spoiled in a 2BR-2 bath family Haven Suite on the Escape last year so I know this will be a let-down cabin-wise. We've always wanted an aft balcony but if the PH balconies are just as large (or larger according to the TA - 92 sf vs 188 sf), room is bigger (243 sf vs 394 sf), and layout is better then I'm not sure why the 2 BR costs more. Is the view from the balcony just a million times better? Hubby is also worried about noise from the engine or too much turbulence in the aft.

Thanks again!!

If it's any consolation, I was on an corner/aft cabin on another ship and noise/turbulence was not an issue. If anything, one will feel the turbulence more at the front of the ship (especially on deck 13 because one feels it more the higher one is on the ship) vs the back of the ship.

If it's any consolation, I was on an corner/aft cabin on another ship and noise/turbulence was not an issue. If anything, one will feel the turbulence more at the front of the ship (especially on deck 13 because one feels it more the higher one is on the ship) vs the back of the ship.

Oh, that's good to know!

Quick - I've only got 2 hours to decide. Need pics and or video of POA 2 br suite with large balcony (cat SI). I can't find pics or video decent enough online to compare it to a Penthouse suite with large balcony. The square footage on the ncl website show the penthouse suites (Cat SE, SF, SH) to be much larger (like almost double) and have much larger balconies (again - almost double) than the 2 br suite (cat SI - particularly room 10678). But the deckplans make the 2 BR suite look much bigger. I would prefer a larger room and bathroom but the aft balcony is supposed to be amazing. Is the PH large balcony bigger and better??? I'm not sure if NCL website measurements are wrong, or if the pics of the deck plans are not proportionate. I have 2 hours to decide.

Sell me on which suite is better and why - GO!.

Thanks so much!

Family of 5 - 2 adults, 3 kids - 13, 11 and 7.

***UPDATE*****

I had originally said I had only 2 hours to decide because I had a room on hold for 2 more hours. I went ahead and made a deposit on that room because it was the last one left on the ship. TA said that since the other category has several rooms available I can change rooms without any charge. So, the research continues. I hope to finalize this by the end of the weekend. So, keep the info coming!! So far, looks like most are leaning towards the PH w/large balcony over the 2BR with aft/corner balcony. Thanks again!