Anniversary Cruise on Mercury 1212 or 1236?

CalKev

CC Mercury Vets. I am planning to surprise my wife with a sky suite on our trip on Mercury in April. We have always been on an inside cabin so she will be very surprised. We love having lots of sun on a balcony and a good view. Which cabin would you veterans recommend between 1212 and 1236? I have looked at the deck plans and they both have their advantages. Advice?

Thank you for your input in advance!

CalKev

I've been in both balconies (cut-out, such as 1212 has, and full-boxed, such as 1236 has).

I much prefer the cut-out balconies. That angle of the railing offers a superb view forward; it opens up the vista, instead of the limitation you get with the boxed-in feeling of 1236.

Take 1212 - you won't regret it.

I've been on both balconies (with the cut-out, such as 1212 has, and fully-boxed, as 1236 has).

I much prefer the cut-out balconies. That angle of the railing offers a superb view forward; it opens up the vista, instead of the visual limitation you get with the boxed-in 1236 balcony.

Hi,

We sailed on the Mercury and had Sky Suite # 1209 - huge balcony that we thoroughly enjoyed.

Also, you indicated that this was an Anniversary Cruise for you two lovebirds!

Have you considered renewing your vows in a private ceremony in the Michael's Club? You will not regret the experience.! You need to contact Celebrity's Special Services Dept. to make arrangements. It is not inexpensive, but my husband said that it was, by far, trully memorable and something that will always be treasured.

We did this in Feb. 05 while on board the Summit's 10 night Ultimate Caribbean . It was wonderful and very special. Something to think about...

Regards,

Don and Kathie

I've been on both balconies (with the cut-out, such as 1212 has, and fully-boxed, as 1236 has).

I much prefer the cut-out balconies. That angle of the railing offers a superb view forward; it opens up the vista, instead of the visual limitation you get with the boxed-in 1236 balcony.

Thank you for the advice...I took it and have 1212 booked for the 28th of April Mexican Coast cruise out of San Diego. I thought the small corner cut out of the balcony might have it scenic advantages, thanks for the confirmation.

CalKev

Hi,

We sailed on the Mercury and had Sky Suite # 1209 - huge balcony that we thoroughly enjoyed.

Also, you indicated that this was an Anniversary Cruise for you two lovebirds!

Have you considered renewing your vows in a private ceremony in the Michael's Club? You will not regret the experience.! You need to contact Celebrity's Special Services Dept. to make arrangements. It is not inexpensive, but my husband said that it was, by far, trully memorable and something that will always be treasured.

We did this in Feb. 05 while on board the Summit's 10 night Ultimate Caribbean . It was wonderful and very special. Something to think about...

Regards,

Don and Kathie

Don and Kathie

Thanks for the great suggestion. I bet my better half will make it a requirement when I tell her.

With appreciation,

Archived