Disembarking in Seward AK

Mr. Boston

Early!!

Those who have selected the train to Anchorage leave between 6:30 and 7 AM.

Those who have selected the buses to go to Anchorage leave between 7 and 7:30 AM.

Those who have selected land tours have various departure times.

I have no idea what your plans, thus can't help you.

Early!!

Those who have selected the train to Anchorage leave between 6:30 and 7 AM.

Those who have selected the buses to go to Anchorage leave between 7 and 7:30 AM.

Those who have selected land tours have various departure times.

I have no idea what your plans, thus can't help you.

Thanks for your input. We have a self booked cruise with Major Marine Tours and then the train to Anchorage.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Great tour.

Don't know when you will be taking the tour, but breakfast is really early on this day.

We have stayed on for the return cruise to Vancouver but we had to make certain we were up early to have breakfast -- which started around 5 AM and they were cleaning everything up by 8 as the majority of the people were of the ship by then.

This isn’t a reply, more a question. Nowhere in the brochure I read months ago was it mentioned that it is a ten hour bus ride from Seward to Denali!

Is anyone looking into taking the train from Anchorage? Or renting a car? ( though there is no place to return a rental car closer than 2.5 hours from Denali. Do we all groggily board the bus at 4:30?

We are taking the train to Anchorage but it's the evening one. We saw we could store our luggage at the train station. Is it right next to the port so we can walk there? We are coming back to Seward to do a few things later with a rental car. Any ideas of things to do around the city before we get on the train? What is the latest you can get off the train? The train station isn't open until 10 to leave our luggage.

We booked independently. We are doing everything on our own. We are going to Denali and taking the tundra tour and also the other bus tour. We are staying in Healy for 3 nights. Is there a bus you can take around Seward to explore on your own.

We decided to rent a car when we disembark in Seward. Then we’d drive up to Anchorage , spend the night, then take the Denali Star Golden Dome train to Denali! I was just online looking for what sights to check out on our way to Anchorage . Any ideas?

I loved Portage Glacier. We did it a few years ago and it felt like you could reach out and touch the glacier from the boat! The wildlife center was nice as well but we didn't have a lot of time there. In Anchorage the Anchorage Museum is worth a look and there is a fun trolley tour that takes about an hour.

Karen