SF Pier area parking

marie24

Hi, I know there is a parking garage in the vicinity of the pier in SF. Does one need to make a reservation or just show up on the day of sailing? Also is it secure? Are there frequent patrols to keep an eye on things? Thanks in advance for your help.

Marie

Hi

http://www.sfport.com/site/sfport_index.asp?id=34062

The above link is to the garage at 55 Francisco St. It's about 1.5 blocks from the pier and we have used this garage with success. It's secure and covered. Costs $12 per day for cruise passengers and it's paid up front in cash. We called ahead and made a reservation but I'm not sure it's really necessary. I wanted to be sure we had a spot and didn't have to then start searching for alternatives if they were full. :rolleyes:

Maureen

Hi

http://www.sfport.com/site/sfport_index.asp?id=34062

The above link is to the garage at 55 Francisco St. It's about 1.5 blocks from the pier and we have used this garage with success. It's secure and covered. Costs $12 per day for cruise passengers and it's paid up front in cash. We called ahead and made a reservation but I'm not sure it's really necessary. I wanted to be sure we had a spot and didn't have to then start searching for alternatives if they were full. :rolleyes:

Maureen

Don’t forget to let us know how you enjoyed Dawn Princess!! I know you've got a few days to wait, but I will be interested in hearing how you liked it!

Don’t forget to let us know how you enjoyed Dawn Princess!! I know you've got a few days to wait, but I will be interested in hearing how you liked it!

Hi Brian,

I enjoyed reading your review of the Dawn and look forward to my cruise. Although since we are both "cheerleaders" I imagine my experience will mirror yours. This will be my first cruise with our very well behaved grandchildren and am anxious to see it through their eyes.

Maureen

Used them twice without any problems at all. Very friendly.

We asked about reservations also, and they said not necessary, "You are guaranteed a space if you are booked on a cruise". I think that is possible because even if there isn't a space available immediately, they can temporarily park it and put in the permanent place later in the day.

My tip: Remove your luggage at the entrance to the garage (they park) and roll it the very easy 1.5 blocks to the Pier. Crossing the street was easy. It's a lot easier than trying to unload in front of the pier, which can be an absolute madhouse.

Second tip: take an extra set of keys with you on your cruise in the unlikely event they become missplaced at the garage (unlikely, but possible).

$12 per day = less than taxi to airporter and airporter to pier round trip for my party of 2, and no waiting!

Have fun!!

Archived