Ideas for 5 .....

stacyinpa

I was wondering what you families of 5 do for cruising on Carnival? I am told only the older ships allow 5...there are only 3. Destiny (southern), Victory and Triumph. We just got off the Victory on 12/25.

I wanted something different. I ahve been eastern and western and was hoping for more options then 3 ships to choose from.

You folks with families of 5....how do you handle it? Do you do the same ship each time? Just curious.

I am actually booked on RCCL/Freedom for Dec 2006 but I have cruised Carnival 2 times, Disney once (very pricey) and was thinking the private island and Montego Bay/Jamaica woudl be something different. Now I am wondering if I really want to follow thru with that booking. When I think of the mini golf, rock climbing, ice rink..thats neat and extra for my kids to do onboard, BUT seems they also have lots of things that require you to pay for as well.

What do you think?

Thanks a bunch--

Stacy

Hello,

On the Miracle I got adjoining staterooms. They are cabins 6108 and 6112 on the port side. I think they have 6 of these on the ship. They are interior cabins that adjoin a balcony. I have 2 small ones (2 and 4) so I am thrilled there is no balcony in their cabin. The price was only $600 more total for the extra cabin as opposed to having a quad. It was cheaper to do this than get a suite. It will probably be the only time we will have 2 staterooms. I will let you know how it goes. Take Care.

On the Spirit class and Conquest Class you will need 2 cabins. Any other ship you can get 5 to one cabin.

Any fantasy class-- Sensation, Fantasy, Ectasy, Elation, Facination etc

also the Victory, Triumph and Destiny/

Althought the ships are the same layout the decor and names are all different- same with the shows. Ports are different. Each cruise is different each time.

. When I think of the mini golf, rock climbing, ice rink..thats neat and extra for my kids to do onboard, BUT seems they also have lots of things that require you to pay for as well.

that stuff you listed is free.. what stuff do you think is there a charge for?

The only things that you will pay for on the Freedom is:

Ben and Jerrys but there are soft serve machines in the Windjammer.

Johnny Rockets but they have burger and fries in the Windjammer and you can also order hamburgers, hot dogs and pizza through room service for which there is no charge. You also have the cafe promenade that is open 24 hours a day.

Arcade

Chops and Portofino's which have a $20.00/$25.00 per person surcharge.

On the Spirit class and Conquest Class you will need 2 cabins. Any other ship you can get 5 to one cabin.

Any fantasy class-- Sensation, Fantasy, Ectasy, Elation, Facination etc

also the Victory, Triumph and Destiny/

Althought the ships are the same layout the decor and names are all different- same with the shows. Ports are different. Each cruise is different each time.

Serene - do all cabins on Sensation accommodate 5? We are sailing the Sensation in January of 2007 and are considering taking our 3 munchkins who will be 11 and twin boys which will be 8. We are trying to figure out whether we 1) should take them 2) get 2 cabins or 3) get a suite.

Any help you might provide would be appreciated!

Any cabin that accomadates 4 people will accomadate the 5th-- so NOT all cabins will hold 5 people.

5 people will be two twin beds on the floor- (which we kept apart in a "L" shape) two upper beds and a rollaway cot--which we did away with and kept the mattress.

oceanview cabins will have one upper bed and a sofa bed instead of 2 uppers. The sofa bed is a convertible the back comes off and it makes a bed. it does NOT pull out to make a bed.

I sailed on the Sensation with 5 of us. myself 3 boys ages 16, 18, 20 and a 14 year old niece.

the price difference for getting one cabin instead of 2 was over 700.00 so do the math and see what it comes down in terms of dollars per person- and what you would spend if getting two cabins.

Sensation suites are very few and very expensive. They are not like a regular suite that are on the Spirit or Conquest class ships

ex- Jan 7, 2007 an oceanview will cost 419 for the 1st two and 249 for each of the kids. the suite will cost 1059 for the 1st two and 249 for the kids. thats almost 1200.00 more for added space. You wont be in the cabin all that much.

one cabin= 1585 two cabins 1925

Always price out 2 cabins (3 in one room, 2 in the other) versus 5 in one cabin for your particular ship and sailing date. Sometimes there is very little price difference. If you get two cabins next door to eachother or across the hall, Carnival will allow you to put the children in a separate room.

I booked two cat 12 suites side by side for 5 of us. We could have booked all of us in one suite as it is my husband and I and our daughter and her husband and our nine yr old grandson. We got a great deal on our suites as on the reservation we split up my husband and myself as we are both past cruisers and that way we got a discount on each of the rooms. I hope he at least visits me in my room (lol)

• 5 weeks later...

Archived