Ideas for 5 .....

stacyinpa

I was wondering what you families of 5 do for cruising on Carnival? I am told only the older ships allow 5...there are only 3. Destiny (southern), Victory and Triumph. We just got off the Victory on 12/25.

I wanted something different. I ahve been eastern and western and was hoping for more options then 3 ships to choose from.

You folks with families of 5....how do you handle it? Do you do the same ship each time? Just curious.

I am actually booked on RCCL/Freedom for Dec 2006 but I have cruised Carnival 2 times, Disney once (very pricey) and was thinking the private island and Montego Bay/Jamaica woudl be something different. Now I am wondering if I really want to follow thru with that booking. When I think of the mini golf, rock climbing, ice rink..thats neat and extra for my kids to do onboard, BUT seems they also have lots of things that require you to pay for as well.

What do you think?

Thanks a bunch--

Stacy

We are a family of five with a 17, 15 and 11 year old. We were on the Elation in June and all stayed in a Oceanview room. We could have got 2 cabins but it would have been 700.00 more. Not worth it to me. We all had no problems with the amount of room. A over the door shoe rack is a must in this case.

We're a family of 5 and we were on the Valor last week. We did have 2 cabins, but I'm not sure if that was because they wouldn't allow 5 in a cabin, or because it is more comfortable that way. My sister booked the cruise for us. If there was an additional cost for the second cabin, it was very minimal. We were in an inside cabin. Although it would have been ridiculously crowded for all of us to be in one cabin, it could be done. When the 2 main beds are pushed together, 3 can sleep on those, and then 2 in the bunks above. Would hate to have done it that way though!

Archived