Uber/Lyft to Cruise port

tamarac227

Hello All,

I am cruising on Saturday April 28 out of Port Miami. I am flying into Fort Lauderdale and I was thinking of using UBER or Lyft instead of the shuttles.

has anyone had any experience with either of them? Do you book in advance or just contact them when you get there and if so how long did it take to get a car once you contacted them?

I was considering because this would be my first ride with either and it is a good discount.

Thanks

Used Uber for the first time from MIA area to the Miami cruise port. Driver took a slightly longer route than he should have. When I tried to tell him, I found out he did not speak ANY English! He had no idea what we were saying to him and he responded only in Spanish.

Make sure your account is set up and activated before you go. Ask for a ride on the app and they will come. Took about 5 minutes.

Welcome to the boards! :D

Lots of reports on this board about Uber/Lyft between FLL and POM -- try the search function on the upper right side of the board.

Typical waits for a car at FLL are about 5-10 min and the fare for standard Lyft or UberX (good for 2-3 plus standard bags) should be about $35+ minus whatever credit discount you have.

Have a great cruise! ;)