Inexpensive hotel for 1st night Suggestions please!

Krazyfuntimes

We are not getting into PR until after 1130pm. I can't see spending a ton for the first night since we will not be there til after midnight. Where would be a safe area for two women the first night? Not really wanting to spend over $200. Will be moving to a beach resort for the second night before the cruise as a treat to us. Surprise for my friend who will think we are staying at the cheaper place only, LOL

Saw the WAVE hotel had good rates, but not sure of location.

thanks so much!

Try one of the bidding web sites. You should be able to narrow location and cost.

Personally, I wouldn’t want to bother moving resorts for one night. It will be more relaxing to check in once and be settled. You’ll also likely be without a room for half a day since you need to check out in the morning and won’t get a room at the other resort until the afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
We are not getting into PR until after 1130pm. I can't see spending a ton for the first night since we will not be there til after midnight. Where would be a safe area for two women the first night? Not really wanting to spend over $200. Will be moving to a beach resort for the second night before the cruise as a treat to us. Surprise for my friend who will think we are staying at the cheaper place only, LOL

Saw the WAVE hotel had good rates, but not sure of location.

thanks so much!

Tres Palmas or El Canario by the Lagoon

Try one of the bidding web sites. You should be able to narrow location and cost.

Personally, I wouldn’t want to bother moving resorts for one night. It will be more relaxing to check in once and be settled. You’ll also likely be without a room for half a day since you need to check out in the morning and won’t get a room at the other resort until the afternoon.

I agree with this. It’s also pretty hard to find a hotel in the area for under $200/night after the taxes are added.

I’ve read a lot of good reviews for the AC Hotel by Marriott in Condado, and when I’ve looked at prices I’ve seen some nights that were around $160 (pre-tax), and that might even be worth booking both nights at because it looks like a fairly nice hotel on the beach for less money than most places (though not necessarily cheap).

The cost to take a taxi between two hotels and the hassle of lugging your bags between the two might negate the money you’re trying to save.