Wanted to give the Havana a try...What would you do?

LakeWobegon

My wife and I and our 12 and 14 year old would like to stay in the Havana on a distant Panorama cruise. It looks like all the Havana Cabanas are booked. The only other room type that holds 4 is an interior. Thinking that may be a little tight for 4 of us. But it could be balanced out by the fact that you have the Havana area steps from you room on Deck 5. Thinking more about this, we could just go for it. We rarely hang out in the room anyway and again, the Havana pool area would balance the fact we don't have a balcony. Anyway, also considering doing TWO interior rooms as it wouldn't be about 1/3 more of the current total price for one.

Also looking at Family Harbor aft-extended view balconies but no Havana area with that. First world problems, I know but any outside perspectives from those who have stayed int he Havana appreciated or otherwise before I book. Thanks!

Edited by LakeWobegon

Stuck on that week as my wife is a teacher. Good point. We could do a balcony AND an interior. Just appears there are two rooms that hold up to 4 occupants - the Cabana or an Interior. First is sold out. May see if I can get an Aft balcony with the interior right across from it. And will likely keep checking back to see if Cabana does become available. That's a little spendier but it may not be much more than a Cabana would have been.

We ended up booking and Aft Balcony with an interior across the way. Booked with my wife in one and myself in another. The thought being the interior will mainly be for my son and I to sleep in at night. I'm of the sort that would rather one of us be with the kids at night no matter how independent they are. And my wife and I get plenty of, ahem, alone time at home and otherwise. Anywhoo, the Carnival rep also said the deck plans really aren't finalized yet so to keep checking back as things may change and they may have more cabana rooms for four, etc. BTW, I am finding it to be true, the further out you book, the cheaper it is. These two rooms will cost about the same as one regular balcony room for four on Vista will cost booking about six months in advance.

We ended up booking and Aft Balcony with an interior across the way. Booked with my wife in one and myself in another.
So you snagged one of the two Havana insides up on deck 7 and one of the afts nearby. By booking it the way you did, you can also get Cheers for yourself since you'll be the only adult officially in your cabin. If you don't think you'll be spending a lot of time on your aft balcony, you could always save money and book 2 insides down on five and be closer to the pool area.

Yes. Exactly. The main reason I booked it that way thought is so Carnival would not give us any grief about having a 12 and 14 year old in a room in case they didn't consider that set up "across the hall." And that my son and I would stay in the two twin beds in the interior anyway. Again, not comfortable leaving a 12 or 14 year by themselves at night.

And great point I may book Cheers for myself and we'll pay for my wife's drinks as we go. She tends to drink less than myself. Though, we may just buy both because again, if you figure she'll have a specialty coffee in the morning, say 2-3 mixed drinks a day, then 2 glasses of wine during dinner and another specialty coffee - and add in the waters/powerades - and it pays to go the Cheers route most likely.

Anywhoo, I booked the Aft balcony for the view of the wake and the Havana pool area itself. I've always wanted to try an Aft balcony of any sort but typically, even booking a year out they seem to all be gone or don't accommodate 4 and I never considered booking two rooms like this.