Question On Price Drop.....

cruisingbajan

Hi Guys,

I have a question re: the above. I have noticed on the Carnival Website that the price of my upcoming cruise has dropped. I contacted my TA who advised that they are not aware of the price drop and they spoke with Carnival who has told them that there has been no price drop for my "particular cabin":confused::confused:.

I told them a general price drop is there on CARNIVAL'S website. I have not received a repsonse back from my TA as yet!!:(

Can anyone suggest what I should do? I am booked on the Triumph April 29, 2006.

Thanks in advance

Keith

I told them it was on the Carniv

Keith

If the price dropped on your particular category of cabin, you should be entitlted to a refund or onboard credit. Are there still rooms available in the category you booked?

Mike

Hi Mike,

Yes they are still rooms available. I thought once there was a price drop on the site this was across the board. Was I wrong in thinking that?

If there are cabins available in the category you are booked in, you are entitled to the lower price right up until final payment. After final payment, Carnival may upgrade you, give you on-board credit, reduce the price, or do nothing.

Sounds like your TA just doesn't want to lose out on part of the commission. If your TA doesn't charge a cancellation fee, you can just cancel and rebook with someone else without penalty.

It may also be that your TA rebated part of the commission to give you a lower price to begin with, and won't go any lower.

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

Archived