Carnival Sunshine Eastern Caribbean excursion ideas for family with 2 yr old baby boy

jospur

My kids are 2, 3, and 5, and we have cruised with the kids multiple times. We mostly try to avoid excursions due to the wait times. Even if an activity seems like it will be fun for everyone, most toddlers will not be happy having to wait for the excursion to start, take a bus ride, etc. You also need to consider what time the excursion takes place and how early you will need to meet for the excursion, which can sometimes be up to an hour before the excursion is scheduled to start. Are you going to have to wake up your child to get there? Does it fall during his nap time? Lunch time? Many excursions are 4+ hours, can he handle that or will he be fussy? If he is potty trained or in the process of training, consider that you may not have access to a restroom.

We stick to doing things on our own time instead of booking an excursion ahead of time. We take things as they come... kids are in a good mood? We find a tour when we get off the ship. Things like glass bottom boats, anything involving animals, or just going to the beach. The last thing I want to do is deal with one (or more) of my kids throwing a tantrum on a crowded bus. It's no fun for me, and it's not fair to all of the other people trying to enjoy the excursion.

You know your child. You know how patient they are, their likes and dislikes, and how they handle certain situations. Consider these things when reading about the available excursions. It's okay if you don't find one that works. There are plenty of things to do at each port, and your whole family can still have a good time.

I'm sure this isn't the answer you were looking for, but this is my best advice. I've been where you are, and I have made the (wrong) choice to book an excursion that *I* wanted to do.

Good Luck!!

Amber Cove is going to be more difficult; is a good 10 min walk up hill to exit the port to get to any private excursions. Also, the port does not have a beach. If you child can handle waiting for an excursion, I would book something through the cruise line here because it is not an easy port to navigate independently.

When my son was just shy of 4 we took a ship excursion in Grand Cayman that took us to hell, the turtle farm and to the sting rays. We took turns watching him on the boat while the other was in the water with his big brother and the rays. Worked just fine. But, you could simply walk off and take a cab to these places and have them drop you at the 7 mike beach. I would suggest looking on TA for any providers that might be able to give you a private tour here.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are doing the same cruise a few weeks after you with our son who will turn 2 on the cruise, and our 8 year old daughter. In Amber Cove we are just going to the pool area at the port and hanging out there. They have a kids area with small slides, and a splash pad also. In Grand Turks we booked an excursion through Carnival called "All Inclusive Family Private Beach w/ Water Toys" It had great reviews from families and will allow the kids to get some beach time~! Hope this helps :)

We are doing the same cruise a few weeks after you with our son who will turn 2 on the cruise, and our 8 year old daughter. In Amber Cove we are just going to the pool area at the port and hanging out there. They have a kids area with small slides, and a splash pad also. In Grand Turks we booked an excursion through Carnival called "All Inclusive Family Private Beach w/ Water Toys" It had great reviews from families and will allow the kids to get some beach time~! Hope this helps :)

Sounds good. Thanks!