Solo over 55

roughshot60

On 6/11/2019 at 6:48 PM, JerseyHorseLover said:

I went solo to Alaska on Carnival and returned last week.  My sister and I always cruise together but she had no interest in Alaska.  I am former law enforcement and very independent.  I can tell you, it is VERY safe on a cruise.  My solo cruise was great!  I was able to read my book when on the ship.  I met so many people and since the Carnival Legend is a smaller ship, I would see them through the week.  I had anytime dining and each night I asked to dine by myself.  I either watched the crowd, or played games on my phone!  Haha.   This was my 10th cruise, but first alone.  I even flew from Philly to Seattle.  You will have  blast........and a cabin for yourself!

Thank you! I will check out Carnival😁

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2019 at 1:32 PM, Madgey said:

I discovered Norwegian through the TA the other day and look forward to finding a cruise through them! Thanks!

I have taken 8 cruises on NCL, all solo except for one.  Have 3 more booked.  NCL really takes care of their solos, even on the ships without the Studio cabins and Lounge.  As others mentioned, join your Roll Call and you will 'meet' others before boarding.  Out of the group you will usually find one or two people you connect with to share meals, shows, excursions.  I have done Baltic, Pacific Coastal and just last month Cuba, all on my own. Never felt unsafe anywhere.  Just research and plan and use the same common sense as at home.  Let me know if you have any questions...this board is a great source of information.