St. Patrick's Day

cruise fairy

We will be cruising the Western Carribean on St. Patrick's Day. Have any of you traveler's cruised on Princess at that time in the past? If so, what does the cruise line do, if anything, on that day?

We were just wondering if they served green beer, Irish Pub party, etc...We're not Irish, just enjoy a little Irish dancing and fun on that day. :p

We were on Diamond in March of 05 and they didn't do much for St.Patricks Day as I recall. I pulled out my Patters for that day and they show some green drink specials as well as some Irish whisky drink specials. We didn't go to any of the bars that evening though so I may not be the best source.

We packed some green stuff ( t-shirts for day) and it was formal night so we brought along shamrock pins for the guys and shamrock earrings for the gals. But overall I didn't see much in the way of green with other passengers.

One thing that I did was pack some St.Patricks Day decorations which I gave to the kids club ( originally I was going to have my kids put them on the door but that didn't happen). They were really happy to have them to decorate for the party they had for the kids that night. When we picked our daughter up that evening they had put them to good use and the young lady working in the kids club said she was going to use them for a get together she and some crew members were having later.

Hi Shelly! We were also on the Diamond in March with Shelly! Our group is doing the Golden March 11 this year.

We've been on a Princess ship for St Patrick's Day the past 5 years or so and it seems like every ship has done it a little different. I can't remember which ship or when it was, but I do know there was green beer and Irish parties going on in one of the lounges on one of our trips. I think they had something out a the pool on a different trip. I guess it will just depend on who is in charge. My guess would be that if the cruise director is Irish, you will have a great party! It won't matter though. You'll be on a cruise, so how can you not have fun?

Pam

There usually are celebrations around the major holidays on Princess.

Remember with international crew members they often do not know of some of our American holidays - as their celebrations may be different.

I have had green beer. No Irish soda bread or corned beef & cabbage however.

Archived