Viking Cultural Cuba Cruises Why not stop at Havana????

vvnh16a

Just noticed that Viking is advertising "Cultural Cruises" to Cuba but make Havana an optional Tour....... Believe me I just came back from CUBA on Azamara Quest and we visited Havana, Cienfuegos, and Santiago de Cuba, I would not go on a cruise that did not have Havana as the main stop with one or even 2 overnights. Havana has the history , people and moreso Nightlife you want to experience. The other stops...the main stops for Viking were OK to visit for a day...but DO NOT miss Havana. Many other cruise ships focus on Havana with the other stops as secondary ports of call....the way it should be.

Just noticed that Viking is advertising "Cultural Cruises" to Cuba but make Havana an optional Tour....... Believe me I just came back from CUBA on Azamara Quest and we visited Havana, Cienfuegos, and Santiago de Cuba, I would not go on a cruise that did not have Havana as the main stop with one or even 2 overnights. Havana has the history , people and moreso Nightlife you want to experience. The other stops...the main stops for Viking were OK to visit for a day...but DO NOT miss Havana. Many other cruise ships focus on Havana with the other stops as secondary ports of call....the way it should be.

Very true and Viking is aware of this. However, it is Cuba that determines who can get berths in which ports and apparently Viking has not been given access to Havana. Nonetheless, rather than just give up the idea of taking its ships to Cuba, Viking is patiently playing the game and hoping that Cuba will eventually allow them to dock in Havana. I suspect that we will see a couple of years of less than optimal itineraries for Viking but that patience will pay off in the end.