where?

tracysue

Conch is much more available and isn't as expensive as it is indiginous (sp) to the area. I believe lobsters have to be brought in from somewhere else.

I have some pictures of the beach at Majahual in my photo album, if you would like to look: http://community.webshots.com/album/527685047YCNWgf

Have a great cruise!

Thanks JumpimgJack & Sheffie for the replies. We really don't drink much alcohol. One beer would be enough so spending $25.00 or $30.00 would not be practical when it does not include the food. We'll just wing it! Sheffie, great photos!

Diane

Great photos all!!

I am so looking forward to Costa Maya now! We were originally scheduled for Cozumel but I am glad that we have been switched!!

I was thinking about one of the "beach break" open bar days. I am certain that we will drink enough to make it worth it but I am also thinking that we might prefer to feel more able to move around and explore different spots rather than set ourselves down in one location for the day.....we are 2 adults (myself and BF - both single parents) cruising without kids and enjoying adult free time....any thoughts/opinions??

legalslave,

I had an AWESOME lunch at TAPAS. Had a nice table on the beach. (I ordered the Grilled lobster & shrimp. It was served with served with mexican rice, chips & salsa & guacamole. Also ordered a pina colada (it was HUGE).

The food delicious, the scenery was beautiful, . . . then my waiter brought my check . . . . $15.USD!!! I couldn't believe it!!!

I can highly recomend TAPAS for a great fresh seafood lunch on the beach, and hope to return there again sometime soon myself.

ENJOY!

Thanks JumpimgJack & Sheffie for the replies. We really don't drink much alcohol. One beer would be enough so spending $25.00 or $30.00 would not be practical when it does not include the food. We'll just wing it! Sheffie, great photos!

Diane

I agree, just wing it. Take the bus to town, pick a spot among the various little bar/restaurants along the beach and enjoy. My wife and I had a great time in Majahaul and we spent less than $20 between us.

Note: the day we were there(12-5) we were the only ship in port. Majahaul wasn't crowded at all. Nice.

There were 3 there the day we were there. To answer your question, I guess it depends! (Big help, huh?) We didn't find it crowded in the afternoon. I don't know what it was like in the morning since we were on our excursion. I bet it would be crowded on the pier during the day since a lot of people don't know about Majahual.

Archived