Dawn December 16th Itinerary Change

I received an email a few weeks ago about an itinerary change for this sailing. They swapped Dominica for St. Thomas, which is frustrating because I specifically chose this cruise over all the other Southern Caribbean ones because it did not go to St. Thomas (where I have been many times). Anyone know why this occurred (assuming related to hurricane damage/rebuilding)? I realize they reserve the right to change at any time so it is what it is. This is my first time with Norwegian (will be my 17th cruise) and I’ve never had an itinerary change 8 months prior. Just curious if this is typical for them. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I received an email a few weeks ago about an itinerary change for this sailing. They swapped Dominica for St. Thomas, which is frustrating because I specifically chose this cruise over all the other Southern Caribbean ones because it did not go to St. Thomas (where I have been many times). Anyone know why this occurred (assuming related to hurricane damage/rebuilding)? I realize they reserve the right to change at any time so it is what it is. This is my first time with Norwegian (will be my 17th cruise) and I’ve never had an itinerary change 8 months prior. Just curious if this is typical for them. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sad to hear, and even sadder to hear that Dominica hasn't fully recovered. We are on Jan 20, 2019 Escape Southern Caribbean that includes Dominica, and we haven't heard anything yet.

I'm surprised Dominica hasn't sought CARILEC for additional help in the recovery.

We loved Dominica when we visited - and it became one of our favourite Caribbean islands.