Atlantis Beach Day

jamadeliz

We're doing Atlantis Beach Day also. I've been waiting for someone to answer you so I could find out also. The only thing that I've heard about it is that there is a very nice aquarium that you get to tour. We cannot use the pools there.:( (I heard that the pools and slides are awesome ) It seems that they have a section of the beach for us. I'm hoping that it has chairs there!

Howdy,

I have not done the Atlantis beach excursion, but I have read many good reviews on another site from people who have done it.

I have done the aquarium you mentioned and it was excellant. I'm not usually into aquariums because I live near sea world and nothing else seems to compare to that, but The Dig as it is referred to is an great tour. the guides move quickly, however just keep your bracelet on and you can go back through as often as you want that entire day at your own speed and really enjoy it. All the windows are huge and go pretty much floor to ceiling so even the smallest of children can easily see the fish. There is a small touching area too. Some of it is actually outside near the pools where they have a small place to eat. Underneath the restaurant is more viewing areas, i believe it had predator fish there, such as sharks or

baracudas, maybe some sting rays around the outside too. It's been about 3 years since I was there. One thing i have read, and I'm sorry I dont remember the name of the hotel, but there is a hotel next to the Atlantis and many people just book a day room there and then they have rights to use the pools at Atlantis. Many people on cruises do this. If I come across the name I will post it for you. I read about it many times at www.dcltribute.com If you put a post there asking about it, I'm sure someone would have the information for you, if your interested.

Hope this helps a little.

mom x4,grandma x4

If you want to use the pools, consider booking a room at the ATlantis. You can check their website directly for pricing. If its too high for your time, check out comfort suites prices through www.smartertravel.com. It is usually cheaper than the atlantis. Make sure to click on the significant organization savings discount. Some have also found good prices through expedia. Another recommendation is to sign up for www.travelzoo.com email specials. I got a whopper of a deal this past sept for a $99 room at Atlantis. We booked it for our family of 4. Unfortuntately, our ship changed its itinerary due to tropical storm Rita, but I called the 800 # in the offer and they gladly changed our date w/out any add'l charge. We enjoyed the pools, waterslides, aquariums, Dig, and all the Atlantis had to offer for the wonderful price of $25 per person.

Thanks for the news! How did you get from the boat to the Atlantis? Also, how far is the Comfort Suites from the Atlantis? The rooms at the Atlantis are rather expensive, but the Comfort Suites aren't too bad. How does Atlantis know if you are coming from the Comfort Suites or the Disney Cruise? I'm just wondering how strict are they as far as pool use if we do the Disney excursion? Also, is it OK with the hotels (Comfort Suites) if you just stay for the day? We would not even go into the room I'm sure - we would go straight the The Atlantis and stay there all day. Is the Atlantis worth all of the hastle? It looks WONDERFUL on the website. I'm just wondering if it is as nice as it looks! What time do you have to head back to the boat?

Take a taxi to ATlantis. It takes about 10 minutes and is around $4-5pp. On the way over, my 3year old was free. On the way back, my 5 year old was too, so go figure.

The Comfort Suites is just across the street from Atlantis. There was another couple w/kids who had a room at the CS and were dropped off there before we were at the Atlantis. After we checked in, we began our tour of the grounds and ended up in the cave grotto aquarium and there was that same couple. So, it didn't take them long at all.

Both the Comfort Suites and the Atlantis are used to people booking rooms there from cruise ships. Although technically, check in time is around 3pm, you can get your room if it is available. If its not, they'll just check you in and give you proof so you can take it over to the ATlantis. Guests of CS are allowed full use of the amenities of ATlantis. When you get to the pool area, go to a towel cabana, show them your proof, and they'll give you bracelets and towels. As you go in and out of the buildings, guards keep an eye on the bracelets to monitor who's allowed. If you don't have a bracelet yet and a guard asks to see your proof, just show them either your paperwork or your room key.

I'd say it only took 10-15 minutes tops to get back to the pier from the ATlantis. You can see Atlantis from the pier.

I would recommend the Atlantis if you have never been. There are sooo many water slides, my kids had a blast. DH & I also loved the big mayan water slide called Leap of FAith! Its a pretty much 90 degree drop down into a shark tank (tunneled of course). There is also a tubing ride down the mayan temple through the shark tank which I personally liked better. There is a lazy river, and boy how my kids loved the aquariums! There was one area in the underground cave grotto part where you literally walk into a tunnel and you are surrounded by a tunnel of glas. Nothing but sealife all around you. A sting ray went over the tunnel as we just got in and my kids loved that! You will have fun.

One tip is we brought a collapsible cooler with us from the ship for waters/drinks/snacks. Atlantis food can get expensive.

Archived