Seaside Check In

Bases5

Your room keys: Are they giving to you at check in or are they in your cabin?

If they are in your cabin, How do you purchases things before you are able to get to your cabin?

Registering you Credit card at a kiosk: Can you do this one time for everybody or do you need to register each key card separately.

I read there is a baggage drop area before your cabin is ready: Where is that located?

Does the Seaside have interactive TV's for doing thing's like show reservations , room service, viewing your account, or is the app the only way.

Many Thanks in advance.

We got the keys at checkin at the port, very efficient (the picture you down loaded in web check in doesn’t flow through they take another one)

I did see a luggage check when boarding, but we went to the cabin it was ready and left carry on there.

You have 48 hrs to register your CR card don’t wait in line with 50 people to do it right away.

Yes the TV is interactive, there are also multiple touch screen TVs around the ship to book shows.

It appears they are also scanning your card before taking you photo.

The arm bands are $5 in the logo shop, the choose them by muster station and then you take them to guest services to be programmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need your room key(card) in order to board the ship. They are scanned as you board.

Registering your credit card for onboard charges is a simple process at the kiosks provided.

Also, definitely download the MSC For Me app! You will be glad you did.

I loved the armband, it stayed on my arm the whole cruise we only used our cards to leave the ship. The software for the tracking of armbands is not working yet. The photo organization is so much better now, they scan you when taking photos which you can see when checking into the photo booths. Make sure you pre-purchase your photo packages much cheaper. Another thing if you have upgraded to the deluxe drink package, when they scan you on the tablet: classic drink package shows up first, tell them to look again upgrade is the next one over. Ninety five percent of the time they said “xtra charge for this” and if tell them to look again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 11 months later...

When we checked in they had no cards printed for us and this was the beginning of the various troubles we had onboard. They printed cards for us, but what we didn't realize is they printed blue and white cards and we were supposed to get Gold cards. Yes, this matters a lot as to the quality of service you receive. If you have done Status Match make sure you get the right card and that EVERYONE IN YOUR PARTY HAS THE CORRECT STATUS. If you are doing status match pre-cruise then each member of your household, husbands and wives must go to the MSC website and submit a seperate application. If you don't get this straight pre-cruise do not expect them to fix it onboard.  

The wrist bands can be purchased for $5 but may be free for some class of passengers (like YC). We got our wristbands at a kiosk that they had set up in the photo department deck 5. We got there early, so no line. 

It took two days to straighten out our drink package. We had prepaid the PLUS, but every time we ordered a drink were told that it wasn't covered. Two visits to guest services (lol) and they fixed it, but my final bill still charged for a drink at the Champagne bar that I ordered on the first day. I wasn't standing in line on the last day, so that's another $15 of my hard earned money that I left behind.   

The Credit card kiosks are all over deck 5, easy to use. No lines. 

Yes, the TV's are interactive, but I only used it to make show reservations. I made all show reservations on the fist day, a few hours after boarding and they had time to re-boot the system from the last cruise. Everything else, like massages or specialty dinner reservations I did in person. There will be a million people trying to upsell you dinner packages. Find the table by the Champagne Bar and the nice lady will make your Teppanyaki reservation and give you  20% discount.   

I didn't use TV for room service, don't know if you can, but in any event, I didn't trust it. Fill out breakfast card or call them for lunch/dinner. 

I think it was Deck 6, there was a parking area for your carry on, which you could pick up when rooms were open at 2:00. Rooms were open at 2:00, not a minute sooner unless you're in YC. in which case the butler has already delivered your bag for you. 

Everything you do, everything you buy pre-cruise, PRINT YOUR RECEIPT AND TAKE IT WITH YOU ONBOARD. Take nothing for granted. Almost everyone I spoke to had to visit Guest Services at least once for various problems, most doing with drink packages, internet, etc etc. I was at Guest Services 6 times, it would have been 7, but I let them keep the $15 over charge.