Private tour from a Paris to Normandy recommendation

thepoint

We would like to take a private tour from Paris to Normandy. We know it will be at least a 12 hour day. We are looking for recommendations for a private tour company. Thank you for your help.

Thank you Cindy, did you take the train from Paris? If so, was that difficult to do? Did you have any difficulty getting back to your hotel when you got back to the Paris train station? Thanks

Thank you Cindy, did you take the train from Paris? If so, was that difficult to do? Did you have any difficulty getting back to your hotel when you got back to the Paris train station? Thanks

I'm sorry, we didn't use them from Paris, we used them on our cruise, which docked in LeHavre. Hopefully someone else can answer that specific questions. But the tour company I would highly recommend. I would contact them about what you're looking for and they may be able to answer more of your questions as well. They were amazing!

• 3 months later...

I also used Overlord to visit Normandy when we spent a few weeks in Paris about 8 years ago. Took the train for a day trip with my 2 teenagers ( son, 13 and daughter, 16 ). Our guide met us at the train station. The Normandy beaches and the American Cemetery are something every American should visit. My son ( 13 at the time) told me that the cemetery was " the most powerful place place he had ever been". This from a tech wizard who had not even wanted to go. My daughter (16) picked up a few pebbles from the beach, without my knowledge, because she "wanted to remember this place forever". Those 3 pebbles sit on my mantel to this day. Our guide was local and lived in Normandy and took us to many out of the way spots with back stories of what happened there during the war. He was absolutely phenomenal...years later when we look back at those weeks in Paris this day trip to Normandy was the highlight....and we were in Paris on Bastille Day! You will not be disappointed.

EDITQUOTEmultiquote_off.gif