Getting to Port Canaveral & back from Orlando (non-drivers)

dizzyc

Hi, my husband and I are spending a week in Orlando before taking a cruise with NCL from Port Canaveral. I'd like to stay near the port the night before then when the cruise is finished we need to get back to Orlando, but not the airport because our flight is not until 8pm.

We are from the UK and not keen on driving to be honest, what I would really like is a private transfer/taxi/uber from our hotel in Orlando to the hotel near the port, then a return transfer to Disney Springs where we can offload our cases with our airline company from 8am.

I'm sure thousands of people must spend time in Orlando before transferring for their cruise, but I've read conflicting reports about being able to use Uber, and the prices I'm seeing for private transfers are upwards of $240.

So I would appreciate some feedback/thoughts on the best way to do this, thanks very much :)

you can UBER and altho the price can vary it is typically in the $100 range. A taxi usually under $150.

I believe the $250 prices you are seeing are 'private cars' from the limousine companies.

An option is to take local transportation from your hotel to the airport and book a shared ride from the airport to Cape Canaveral ... shared rides can be found for as little as $20 per person.

try CBShuttle.com or http://www.cortrans-shuttle.com/

on your return however, you say "

a return transfer to Disney Springs where we can offload our cases with our airline company from 8am."

I'm not aware of anyplace you can 'offload our cases' ....... this is one of the 'issues' with late departures from Orlando. Short of renting a car and keeping the bags in the boot, the options are limited. An option is to take a 'day room' at the hotel in the airport. They do not list this on their web site but typically DO offer 'day rates' if you call and talk to a people. https://orlandoairport.regency.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Those same shared rides can get you here ....

or UBER.

IF your airline will take your bags at the airport that early, I'd take a shared ride to the airport, drop bags then UBER to Disney Springs ....

there are MANY other ways to slice this cake ... just some recommendations ....

Now seeing you are from UK, where should I stay for one night b4 departing from Greenwich on VIKING SKY on 7 July, arriving Gatwick early morning of 6 July .....

you can UBER and altho the price can vary it is typically in the $100 range. A taxi usually under $150.

I believe the $250 prices you are seeing are 'private cars' from the limousine companies.

An option is to take local transportation from your hotel to the airport and book a shared ride from the airport to Cape Canaveral ... shared rides can be found for as little as $20 per person.

try CBShuttle.com or http://www.cortrans-shuttle.com/

on your return however, you say "

a return transfer to Disney Springs where we can offload our cases with our airline company from 8am."

I'm not aware of anyplace you can 'offload our cases' ....... this is one of the 'issues' with late departures from Orlando. Short of renting a car and keeping the bags in the boot, the options are limited. An option is to take a 'day room' at the hotel in the airport. They do not list this on their web site but typically DO offer 'day rates' if you call and talk to a people. https://orlandoairport.regency.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Those same shared rides can get you here ....

or UBER.

IF your airline will take your bags at the airport that early, I'd take a shared ride to the airport, drop bags then UBER to Disney Springs ....

there are MANY other ways to slice this cake ... just some recommendations ....

Now seeing you are from UK, where should I stay for one night b4 departing from Greenwich on VIKING SKY on 7 July, arriving Gatwick early morning of 6 July .....

Wow, thank you so much for your detailed response! We always fly to Orlando with Virgin Atlantic and have used their bag drop option at Disney Springs many times, it's fab! For a $10 fee they give you your boarding passes and take your luggage to the airport, leaving you to spend the last few hours shopping etc. Then we just get a taxi to the airport,go straight through security and board our plane... it's available from 8am to 1pm for all Virgin customers flying back to the UK.

I think we will be happy to use Uber then, I have just downloaded the app and those prices do seem very reasonable, thanks.

I wish I could return the favour with such a good response as yours, however Greenwich is around a 7 hours drive from where I live!! I have found a website that may be of some use with a list of accommodation options. You may need to read a bit more about each hotel but they should say how close to the port the hotel is. Sorry I can't be more useful! It's http://www.visitgreenwich.org.uk/accommodation/ The Intercontinental is a luxury hotel but does get amazing reviews. As I'm unsure of the distance between the hotels and the port you will be leaving from i would maybe use google maps and see which ones are closest.

We always fly to Orlando with Virgin Atlantic and have used their bag drop option at Disney Springs many times, it's fab! For a $10 fee they give you your boarding passes and take your luggage to the airport, leaving you to spend the last few hours shopping etc.

That is a GREAT perk for flying that line ......