Tendering into Cozumel???

Riley's Mom

Sorry to hear that you have to tender to Cozumel when you were not planning on it! I was on RCCL last January and we were suppossed to dock and we tendered instead. Story was that our captain gave up our moor at the dock to a "less experienced captain" on another cruise line so we had to tender. The tender ride was not long at all - seas were a bit rough on a tender boat - we had four foot seas that day, but it was still not a bad ride at all. Our ship ended up docking just after dark when the other cruise ship left (we had arrived in Cozumel in the early am) but for only a few hours before we left Cozumel. I wouldn't be concerned as the tender ride to Cozumel is short. Enjoy your cruise and your time in Cozumel! :)

We just returned on the Triumph on 12/31. We tendered into Cozumel on 12/26. No problem at all. It was actually kind of fun :D We had the best lunch ever with incredible margaritas at Pancho's Backyard. This is now my favorite place to eat in Cozumel! Do not miss this restaurant. Try the taquitos de pollo, the tamales, and the chicken enchiladas. You will love them all. Save room for dessert. Order the chocolate and coconut ice cream - it is served with the most delicious chocolate cookie wafers. I had planned to buy some at the cinco soles store next to the restaurant but after drinking the margaritas I forgot! The sopaipillas are out of this world.

Since all of the piers were distroyed by hurricane Wilma, we tendered in on December 30. It was a short 10 minute ride... not bad at all.

We did not get to the beaches, but downtown looks great. Carlos & Charlies is open and the craziness has begun.

When being tendered where do you get dropped off at? Downtown perhaps?

Really depends on how many ships are there on the same day. Just ask when getting on the tender, there will be taxi's were ever the drop you off so you can get were you need to go.

Hi all,

Just woundering what the lastest is on the tendering situation?

I was told by my travel agent that they were cutting the times down to leaving by 6pm as per the day light hours.

Can anyone up date me on this.

Thanks all.

From "FindWaldo" :)

We were in Cozumel last week on the Conquest. The water was very rough that day. We did not start tendering until around 8:00, and the last tender was originally scheduled for 4:00. However, the captain changed the last tender time to 3:30, because the conditions for tendering would get worse as the day went by. He was right.

We were in Cozumel last week on the Conquest. The water was very rough that day. We did not start tendering until around 8:00, and the last tender was originally scheduled for 4:00. However, the captain changed the last tender time to 3:30, because the conditions for tendering would get worse as the day went by. He was right.

:) Hi Lisad63,

You were saying that it took awhile to get on to the tenders, due to the rough waters. Just wondering but what was the time to be in port that day? Thanks.

If your are going to cozumel be very careful, with the scooter rental (or motorcycle), they are in the worst condition, the breaks did not work, and the engine drops gas, in my last vacation a had a terrible accident in a scooter, My girlfriend and I finish in the hospital, with a cranial traumatism and many brusings. All my life I drive motorcycles but the scooters in cozumel are in very bad condition, and after the accident I have to paid 400 dlls to the scooter owner rental company, for damage to the scooter ( I paid and insurance but for this kind of people it does not matter… if you paid the insurance or are in the hospital they just want to stole your money in any possible way)

Please hear my advice and DO NOT RENT A SCOOTER. Better with the same amount of money rent a car. Or go by cab. It will be cheaper.

If you care your family, be careful,

If you have any comments or questions I will be glad to answer it.

Enjoy your vacations

According to our tour guide, only six ships can anchor at Cozumel each day. Two anchor near downtown; two north of dowtown and two more on northeast end of the island. Lots and LOTS of cab service is available! RCI can't (or doesn't) tell which tender dock/anchorage they are using until the night before arrival. Maybe to make it tough on private tours? In any case, RCI guests with Cruiseline arranged tours tender first, which is a bummer, because it may be two hours before "regular folks" can get off the ship...

LL

We were in Cozumel last Tuesday and we tendered to the Puarta Maya area. It was easy as could be and no problem what so ever. We took a sub ocean view boat ride and saw the international peir under water. It was really quite a sight. When I finally have time I plan on posting a review and then posting pictures.

We tendered into cozumel a week ago and it was no big deal. We were on the triumph and the last tender was at 5:00 pm ship time which was 4:00 pm local time. They were serious about the last tender, don't miss it. However with that being said I do not understand the problem with tendering after dark:confused: We loved cozumel and would have enjoyed more time there.

The Triumph Itinerary has changed and they leave Cozumel at 6:00pm. I got an e-mail from Carnival and this itinerary change was for departures January 7th, 21st, February 4th, 18th, March 4th, 18th, April 1st, 15th, 29th. The Triumph stays on Eastern Standard Time, the last tender is at 5:00 pm which is 4:00 pm Cozumel Time. We arrived in the Rome Lounge at 7:15 am, the first tender was supposed to be at 7:30 am. We got on the first tender an were ashore by about 8:15 am ship time. Our tour with eagle ray wasn't until 9:30am ship time. We shopped at the Puerta Maya Pier both before and after our tour. The weather got bad in the afternoon and the last tender was at 5:00 pm ship time and there were no lines. We did not book a ship excursion, but we were still able to get on the first tender. Just be in the Rome Lounge at 7:30 am and you should have no problems getting off. However, it is important to note that there is a tender to Cozumel and one to Playa del mar (mainland) make sure you get on the right tender. The water is the very warmest in Cozumel. Jamaica is freezing cold!!:eek: Watch for my review in the next couple of days.

We arrived in Cozumel on Saturday Jan 7th on a RCCL ship. We arrived at 7:00 AM and were scheduled to depart on Sunday at 1:00 AM the 8th which was changed to 6:00 PM Saturday, I don't think they are willing to tender at night. We had rough seas and it took a few hours to tender because they had to keep pulling the ramp back when the boat was rocking to much. We tendered by the International Pier, where it used to be!

We didn't have any tours reserved but were able to get on the first tender. People just lined up on the 2nd level stairs because you get off on the first level. It isn't a bad ride, just kind of a hassle.

Jim

Thanks for the updates- I am a little disappointed about having to tender at two stops- but it sounds like the process goes smoothly. We can't wait to go to Cozumel- we don't have an "excursion", we are going to Paradise Beach for the day, but I still didn't want to have to wait hours to get off of the boat. I am keeping my fingers crossed for good weather! How was the water in Grand Cayman? I have heard the water in Jamaica was very cold- we are just doing the falls and river tubing (we booked with a guide Ionie- so hopefully that will go well). In GC we are going with Nativeway to the rays, reef and rum point tour. I'll look for your upcoming post- will it be under the ship reviews?

Andnickali,

The water in Cozumel is by far the warmest of the 3 stops. Grand Caymen is like getting in a swimming pool, once your in it is warm. Jamaica was so hot that even though the water was cold, it felt refreshing. My brother and sister in law did rum point and rays and absolutely loved it. I will probably post my review under the carnival board.:p

Archived