Embarkation arrangements in Southampton.

Kindlychap

I am wondering how the embarkation is done at Southampton - and in what order people are embarked. On Cunard it appears quite simple - the higher the accomodation grade, the faster you board.

Also, what are the queues like (I've seen and been horrified by the length of the normal queue at the Queen Elizabeth II terminal!) - and is there any separate and shorter queue for higher grades of accomodation?

Each time I have been (twice now) its been 'first come first serve' - you wait in line to check in (I arrive about 1pm and seem to wait only 5 or 10 mins but perhaps it just seems that fast in my excitement:) ); then you are given an embarkation card and you wait in the embarkation lounge until they start boarding (about 2pm). You board according to the colour and letter on your card. I think I was pink P last time and I was on board by about 3pm.

As I understand it Gold Portunus members board have priority boarding and perhaps those in suites, but as I have not been either I can't verify that:) .

Hope this helps

Karen.

Archived