Need some cruising suggestions

grammyof14

We're fairly new to cruising, but definitely senior citizens and may not be able to do this for long, so...... I want to make our next cruise really special.

First we sailed to Alaska on the Dream and now we leave on the Jewel to the Caribbean. I'd like advice because I know they'll be offering specials on the trip. Where would you suggest would be the one trip that was the best of all.

I'm serious, I really would like all of your opinions cuz I've learned so much on these boards.:)

Any Panama Canal cruise. They're usually two weeks or longer in duration.

They usually occur when ships are repositioning from Alaska to the Caribbean, or vice versa. Add a week before and after the Canal cruise, you'll be able to cruise a different itinerary on a ship for an entire month.

I agree that the Panama Canal is a great cruise.

Should you decide to go, make sure you read McCullough's "Path Between the Seas" book - an excellent history of the building of the Canal.

I still think Jimmy Carter was wrong to give the Canal back to the Panamanians - after all, we stole it fair and square!

Archived