Just returned from sailing Vista and so glad I booked flights to give extra time....

scheckel

Found some very good info on here when we were planning... and so I thought I would share our experience... we just got off the Vista sailing this past weekend

Flew into MIA the day prior to our sailing... so glad we did, as with delays, we did not arrive until 130am!!!

On our return flight home, I booked a 420pm flight... honestly was dreading sitting in the airport all day after a cruise and even considered booking a hotel for a day..l so glad we didn’t!!!! Because the port of Miami was CLOSED ... we did not dock until 9am or so... the winds were making it hard for the gangway to be attached... by the time we got off the ship, found our luggage with 4000 others people, we did NOT get into a taxi until 1245pm!!!! Thank GOODNESS we did not book an earlier flight!

Just goes to show, you take a chance with Mother Nature sometimes if you try to fly in the day of the cruise or depart to early!!!

We live in Michigan and always cruise in February. For those same reasons, we always fly in at least one day early and stay over at least one day after the cruise. You never know what the weather is going to be or flight delays for one reason or another.

In some cases, the flights are even cheaper enough on an earlier day of the week to offset the cost of the hotel.