Late departure from FLL

bobfoltz

Our flight was changed and we now don't leave out of FLL until 6:16 p.m. after our Legend cruise March 9th. We are not interested in Carnival's post cruise excursion. Any ideas on what we can do to fill the day--especially considering we'll have all our bags with us?

Thanks,

Bob Foltz

What we do in cases like this, is to check with our precruise hotel about coming back and storing our luggage. We've not had one turn us down yet. Of course it helps to talk to the bell captain, and be very nice to him and his employees while you are there before your cruise. Some people suggest renting a car, and taking your luggage with you. Others say to get a day room at a hotel.

Our flight leaves at 7pm for our next cruise we booked a hotel for the day near the airport that has a shuttle. Now we can get off the ship, go swimming have a nice lunch and a nap before heading to the airport. We told to ask for the rate when we check in pre-cruise. To be safe, I held a room online.

I had a hard time finding a day room in Dec 05. We cruised back into Mia but our flight was out of FLL. I had 2 kids and luggage. I hired Larry's Limo for 4 hours @ 40$ pr hour. It was VERY much worth it and about the same if not more than a day room. We went sight seeing, had lunch at Las Palms in Fll (which was a great spot to boat watch) and toured South Beach. Even stopped into different hotels and asked to see the rooms so we had some ideas for next December. We were dropped at the airport in plenty of time for our flight. It was worth every cent!!

Larry's Limo's also had transported us from Fll to Mia upon arrival.

Have a great cruise! Hope this info helped!

Archived