another self disembarkation question

cfly

We will be disembarking from Zuiderdam in Copenhagen in July, and will be spending an overnight there. We want to use AirLuggage Copenhagen to transfer our luggage from port to hotel. I need to give them a time to meet us at the dock to hand over our luggage. We want to carry our luggage off ourselves because we think it will be more convenient and spare us time. So if we are self disembarking can we choose the time, so that we leave our cabin around 9am. Will there be a long wait at Customs at that time? We don't want to get off at 7am when it appears some self disembarkation starts, since we really don't need to be anywhere that early.

Thanks for your advice.

We will be disembarking from Zuiderdam in Copenhagen in July, and will be spending an overnight there. We want to use AirLuggage Copenhagen to transfer our luggage from port to hotel. I need to give them a time to meet us at the dock to hand over our luggage. We want to carry our luggage off ourselves because we think it will be more convenient and spare us time. So if we are self disembarking can we choose the time, so that we leave our cabin around 9am. Will there be a long wait at Customs at that time? We don't want to get off at 7am when it appears some self disembarkation starts, since we really don't need to be anywhere that early.

Thanks for your advice.

I can only answer the highlighted portion. Anyone doing self disembarcation is supposed to exit the ship prior to anyone else. This is to insure that those carrying several bags do not conflict with those not carrying bags.

I can't speak for Copenhagen, but at most ports it is not that difficult to find your luggage.

Are you staying overnight or is the ship docked overnight before disembarkation. If it's an overnight before disembarkation, I found that you could simply walk off in Copenhagen at your leisure as there was no Customs to go through. The only wait might be for taxis, but that's about it.

Self disembarkation people must leave the ship first.

People getting off later do not want to be crammed in an elevator with people hauling luggage.

Also after the self disembarkation people get off, they start to move those who require wheelchair assistance. And that takes up room in the elevators as well.