Circle C registration?

Sizzlechest

I want to register my teen for Circle C. Based on this:

camp.jpg

Is registration at 3pm or at 12pm? Don't they open registration right away for everyone? Is it worth doing it first or waiting until later? Usually it's a madhouse early on the first day.

Every cruise we've been on has had registration at night on the first day. They have it open for just casual interaction. So that 3 p.m. thing is where they can go and see what's there, meet some kids, etc... But then usually at like 7 p.m. they open for the night and that's when we registered and signed the paperwork.

I thought they had a half hour intro where they gave a walkthrough of what was there, etc. Is that the 3pm thing?

They did that after we registered our son at night. Not sure about anything during the day. It never seemed as there was anything organized going on, but they might.

I want to register my teen for Circle C. Based on this:

camp.jpg

Is registration at 3pm or at 12pm? Don't they open registration right away for everyone? Is it worth doing it first or waiting until later? Usually it's a madhouse early on the first day.

Why not just register with the online check in process? While my kids never really liked any of the kid clubs, they did do some of the activities in the past. All we ever did was just register online upfront. When they showed up to an activity, they were already down as registered, so no issues at all.

Those afternoon listings are nothing more than time to explore the space (particularly for Camp Carnival/Camp Ocean since parents aren't typically allowed inside)

Why not just register with the online check in process? While my kids never really liked any of the kid clubs, they did do some of the activities in the past. All we ever did was just register online upfront. When they showed up to an activity, they were already down as registered, so no issues at all.

Those afternoon listings are nothing more than time to explore the space (particularly for Camp Carnival/Camp Ocean since parents aren't typically allowed inside)

Yes, we always registered online before going. I should have clarified that we went in the evening, after dinner, for the official opening. You did have to sign the form in person as well, so we had to go. That's also an important time to go for the kids, that first night, since that's when they all get to meet and figure out who they want to hang with. ;)

That's also an important time to go for the kids, that first night, since that's when they all get to meet and figure out who they want to hang with. ;)

Absolutely true. The clubs (certainly tween and teen, but to a certain extent Camp Carnival/Ocean as well) are pretty much all cliques. Either you're in or you're out . . .

As I mentioned, my kids never much cared for them. They're now 13 and 10 and would much rather do the regular entertainment, shows and meals. But for kids who plan on hanging out in the kids clubs, the very beginning of the cruise will make or break it, as to who will hang with them throughout the cruise.

Preregister on line and show up at 3 with your young teen. You basically walk in and sign a piece of paper and they kick the adults out. And the kids will do a couple of ice breaker games and come out with the schedule. Although, this wording is a bit weird. Makes it sound like the 3 oclock is an open house for everyone. Regardless, its definitely not at noon.

I did, but there are some forms you have to hand in like food alergies. Also, don't they have to gove you wrist bands or something?

Wrist band is only for 12 and under and is done at muster; so most of the Circle C kids no longer need them.

I have never had to hand in forms in person once the started the on line process - but my kid doesn't have food allergies.

You will find few to no kids at Circle C in the afternoon that you board. Outside the room however, they will have the schedule of events for the week. You should pick that up and make sure the kid is back for that evening's activities. They form friend groups that first night that carry throughout the cruise, so it is really important to be there.