Balcony locks

Ameena02

Great suggestion :)

Great suggestion.

There is also a cube that can be used to place in front of the cabin door that can make it a little more challenging to open the cabin door.

FWIW: I also suffer from sleep walking and other issues and my DW and I have agreed that when it happens on a ship (and it has) for her to wake me ASAP. Turning on a light has worked so far for me.

The cabins are small so locking the door and removing the key and placing it somewhere safe (like locked in the cabin safe) should suffice. Even if your son is sleeping next to the door, he would have to walk to the other end of the cabin, open the closet door, key in the safe code, open the safe, retrieve the key, walk back to the balcony door, pull back the drapes, and then insert the key in the correct position in order to open the door. You will hopefully be awake before any of this transpires.

We travel with two small kids and I am one of those anxious moms so I always bring one of those door alarms. We literally bought it at the dollar store. It gives you a head up if you are a heavy sleeper.[ATTACH]423433[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I have used these alarms, too. I bought them at the Dollar Tree, they are lightweight and easy to stick on door and windows frames. Even double-sided scotch tape will hold them temporarily. They emit a loud “eeek eeek” noise if a door or window is opened. As others have said, in the limited space of a cruise cabin you’d have ample time to react before your son was in any danger.

Great peace of mind for a small price!

I sail on HAL and Princess. Princess has installed an annoying buzz sound when their sliders are left open (at least on some of their ships. While the HAL and Princess are different, HAL might try their sister line's solution.