Carnival excursion scheduled to return 15 min before back on board time okay?

Cruisinmsk

I was on a Christmas cruise 2017 on the Triumph at Progresso. I took a tour through a private company to Chichan itza. A couple of people that were on the tour with us disappeared and we could not find them. If anyone is familiar you will know that the drive to chichen itza is long and there is not much room for error and not much time at the site. Because the couple did not return to the van at the agreed upon time we waited and looked for about 1/2 hour. The tour company called Carnival and explained the situation. We left after the 1/2 hour and returned to the ship on time. The lost couple were not on the ship and there were multiple announcements over the loud speakers. Approximately 45min to 1 hr after depature time a car came speeding up the long pier to the dock, the lost passengers arrived. So, at times, it seems the Captain will wait. I still book private excursions, because I am cheap like that. I always take passports, a credit card, and cash off the ship with me so I can arrange alternate transportation, just in case.

I am scheduled for Rhythms of the Night in Puerto Vallarta. The time listed is 3:00 PM-7:27 PM. The ship leaves at 8:00 PM, meaning guests must be back on board by 7:30 PM.

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

When I took that excursion last summer it was scheduled to return to the ship at 7:59 with the ship leaving at 8:00. :eek: Being a Carnival excursion they wait though (we got back at 8:02).