Roatan Honduras snorkel suggestions please

Mommawo

anyone have a suggestion for shore excursion in Honduras? I want to snorkel at the coral reef please. Will be on the 7 day cruise. I want to cave tube in Belize would Butts up be a good company to choose ? Any suggestions for any excursions would be appreciated

I highly recommend Radical Adventures’ snorkeling excursion. The boat and the owners are great; the crew is super friendly; the food is amazing (and unlimited drinks), and you go to an excellent snorkel spot on the East End of the island. It was one of the highlights of our cruise!

http://www.svfreeradical.com/

If you want to do it on your own, I second Bananarama! The reef is right off shore and you can swim to it right from the beach. It's beautiful! I think we paid about $30 each which included round trip transportation, snorkel gear, beach chairs and umbrella, and a couple of drinks along with access to the resort for the day. It had a beach bar with good food. We thoroughly enjoyed our day there.

On Roatan, Honduras, Tabyana Beach is on the West side of the island.You can rent snorkel gear, or bring your own. There are rent-able lockers on site too. The beach is gorgeous and the reef is massive and amazing. If you do a search for Tabyana Beach on google maps, switch to satellite view, you can see how massive the reef is.It is located right off the beach, so easy to swim to, and there are guides on kayaks who are happy to tow you to the reef for free. I posted a photo I took below.

The excursion was available through Carnival (if that matters to you), and it includes transportation to the beach and back. The bus back to the ship works kind of like a shuttle, leaving every so often. On thing to be aware of, there are some local folks who may approach you to try to sell things on the beach. I politely told the first one who approached me "Lo siento, no tengo dinero (Sorry, I don't have money)," and nobody else approached me.

Anyway, that is my recommendation. :cool:Enjoy!

reef.jpg

We took a tour that included Bananarama, but you can probably take a taxi directly to West Bay beach and spend more time there. Snorkeling was fantastic and so close to shore. You can see some shots in the later part of our tour video. I can’t wait to go again. Much better snorkeling than we saw in Cozumel, Belize or grand cayman on our last cruise.

12_4-4W5u-4

We took a tour that included Bananarama, but you can probably take a taxi directly to West Bay beach and spend more time there. Snorkeling was fantastic and so close to shore. You can see some shots in the later part of our tour video. I can’t wait to go again. Much better snorkeling than we saw in Cozumel, Belize or grand cayman on our last cruise.

12_4-4W5u-4

What a wonderful informative video. Thank you