6 boats in GC-How to get away?

DBL007

Hello again everyone!

We're tendering in GC, along with at least 6 other boats 1/12/06. Is there an excursion we can book independantly or anything that we can do on our own (only 2 of us) that will get us away from the crowds? I keep reading that 2-4 boats was incredibly crowded, let alone more? Interested in snorkeling or SNUBA, "non-touristy" shopping, but want to be safe? Its only my second cruise. I am already worried about Coz and Costa Maya being in rough shape. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Again.

:confused:

HI DBL007,

We are also going to be in GC next week but on mon. Jan 9th. It will be busy but you'll have fun. What you need to do right now is go the the port of call thread/Grand Cayman. This has so much info you'll go crazy with ideas. I've never done this but everyone says it's wonderful. Rent a car for less then 50 bucks and drive to rum point beach. It sounds so wonderful & no crowds. We always go to sea grape beach/7 mile & it's very busy but we don't mind. We may opt to rent a car this time though & do the rum point thing.

Again with Cozumel & Costa Maya go to the port of calls threads. Cozumel is getting back on track for tourists. I've heard good things are happening with the rebuilding since Wilma. Paradise Beach is wonderful & it may be busier now.

Costa Maya- not damage at all from Wilma. Get away from the port & go into Mahaual-little fishing village that has again another great beach, resturants (little huts) very rustic but safe, clean & a great day!

Happy cruising! We'll be sailing on Sat! YIPEE!!!

Sue

Archived