Seaside Super Family Plus Cabins Info

massmomoftwins

Does anyone have actual experience sailing in one of these categories FLP? We are traveling as a family of 8. Looking for pictures, reviews, tips and insight into how this works? How were the sleeping arrangements? Can teens be in one room and leave the door open? Thank you in advance!

Heather

You can see the layout for the super family plus cabins if you go to the MSC website for Seaside and search the cabin info. This category is actually three adjoining balcony cabins and all have a double bed and there are also sofa beds in two of the cabins (making sleeping for 10 possible). Think the double beds may be able to be split into twin beds but not sure. From the plan is seems one of the cabins has a bath and the others just a shower.

As regards children being in a cabin on their own. We are a party of five(3 adults and two children) sailing on Seaview on 13th July (sister ship to Seaside )and have a super family plus booking. We have had an awful job trying to sort out who will be in which cabin. All the confirmations received have shown my daughter in law appearing twice - once in a cabin with one son and then in with her husband, whilst I am in a cabin with the other child!!

The reason for DIL appearing twice was that MSC do not allow bookings to be made for two children sharing a cabin but we have been told that once on board we can re-configure cabins as we want by just seeing Guest Services. Interconnecting doors can be opened as you want.

Hope you manage to sort it all out but if you have any problems I would suggest you phone MSC as trying to do anything on their website is just almost impossible lately.

Suron In Bristol UK

We booked this for our June 2nd cruise. They are regular balcony rooms with connecting doors that lock. The middle room has a bath, the outside rooms have showers. The beds can be twin or pushed together for queen. All rooms have pull out couches (maybe even bunks, i'm not sure, we didn't use them). They require that an adult is in each room in their computer (but at night we just had the kids sleep in one and we slept in the other). The connecting door doesn't stay open on it's own, so we flipped the locks when they were open to make a doorstop of sorts so we'd have easy access between rooms without having to knock or anything.

Something to keep in mind if you get the Photo pass, it only counts for people in the room it's activated for. For example, we had room 14227 and 14229, the Photo account was for 14227, so only photos taken with people registered in the 14227 room got included on the account. As long as you are doing group photos, no big deal, but we had an issue where my husband (registered in 14229) used his keycard when pictures were being taken and we had to go down to the photo kiosk and manually get the photos added.

My only other tip about the rooms is that you don't have access to all rooms, only your assigned rooms. So we got the kids wristbands that worked as their room keys and we kept their key cards so that we would have access to both rooms at all times.