Pearl Island Escape excursion - Nassau

2 minutes ago, darstamp said:

I went there last spring on the Grandeur.  Nice boat ride out that gave good views of the area.  Food was home cooked and very good, BBQ and rice & veggies.  Drinks were $10 each, not a lot of shade and not enough chairs for everyone.  There was a couple of nice beaches but a lot of seaweed about 6 feet out.  I thought the description of the excursion was a little misleading as it made it sound larger with more variety of things to do than there were.  I have some minor mobility issues and found it a bit difficult to get around.  I had a 6:00 o'clock dinner time as did many others so there was quite a crush to get on the first boat back.  Many people left waiting for the second boat.  It was a nice day and I was glad I went because it was the only beach day we had on that cruise.

I do think this is place is new and not yet totally finished.  There were a few more bits of shade this fall and I could see more coming. Maybe by early 2019 this place will be finished,  just a guess on my part. We may revisit in May, but I'm not positive yet.

3 minutes ago, darstamp said:

I went there last spring on the Grandeur.  Nice boat ride out that gave good views of the area.  Food was home cooked and very good, BBQ and rice & veggies.  Drinks were $10 each, not a lot of shade and not enough chairs for everyone.  There was a couple of nice beaches but a lot of seaweed about 6 feet out.  I thought the description of the excursion was a little misleading as it made it sound larger with more variety of things to do than there were.  I have some minor mobility issues and found it a bit difficult to get around.  I had a 6:00 o'clock dinner time as did many others so there was quite a crush to get on the first boat back.  Many people left waiting for the second boat.  It was a nice day and I was glad I went because it was the only beach day we had on that cruise.

There was enough chairs this time (Oasis was the only ship in port) and a lot with umbrellas. Very little seaweed this time. We had to leave at 1.45 as all aboard was 2.30 and there were only two boats - I was on the first one! I really wanted a lazy day - nothing to do with the drinks the night before - and I got it!