Does anyone know how far it is to town from ship in St. Thomas on the Magica?

GA Shag Girl

St. Thomas will accomodate several large cruise ships at once. The ships usually dock at Heavensight, which is within walking distance to Charlotte Amelia. There is also the Heavensight Mall, which is a shopping complex directly at the cruise ship pier.

But there are plenty of shuttles (which offer island tours), taxis or even car rental companies around to get around the island, to the beaches or for sightseeing. If you are planning of renting a car, make sure to make reservations ahead of time... that will assure you that they have vehicles available. Major car rental companies, such as AVIS and Budget are located right at the entrance to the cruise ship pier and within walking distance. Cost for a Jeep Wrangler are somewhere around $ 75 /day. Just a word of caution though, in St. Thomas they drive on the LEFT side. The vehicles are usally U.S. vehicles (left steered) and automatic transmission.

Here's also a nice link to information in and about St. Thomas:

http://www.st-thomas.com/

If you click on Cruise Ships, you'll also see a schedule of cruise ships docking in St. Thomas, so you know how crowded it is..

Hope I could help...

Andy

It depends on where the ship docks....either way I would not walk it...can be a bit dangerous. The open shuttles run continuously all day and are very reasonable....as well as taxis.....there is a shopping center right at the dock if you are docked at Havensite....has nearly all the stores that are in town...however dont miss going into town for the experience.

in st. t homas head for C oki beach in the morning to do some snorkeling.. great spot.. lots of fish to see.. you can rent equipment there .. they will also give you dig biscuits for feeding the fish.. we were nose to nose with fish.. lol

Host Star:

Thanks for the tip... We already made plans to go snorkeling at Coki Beach this time (last time we took the car barge over to St. John and snorkeled ther)... Great to know that you can buy bisquits for the fish... I'm sure that's a lot of fun while snokeling...

Host Star:

Thanks for the tip... We already made plans to go snorkeling at Coki Beach this time (last time we took the car barge over to St. John and snorkeled ther)... Great to know that you can buy bisquits for the fish... I'm sure that's a lot of fun while snokeling...

i just saw my typo.. of course you know i meant 'dog' biscuits.. lol.. when snorkeling at coki head around the rocks towards the pier that has the little aquarium.. there is still some coral, including sea fans.. gorgeous parrot fish, etc..

Archived