Suva Shore Tours

Skyrules

Does anyone have a list of Shore Tours that might be on offer in Suva? I haven't been able to find any on the P&O Website, but was hoping someone's who's been there recently might have a list of what will be available.

Kym

I am hoping Trubliss72 will have time to post some info up. She went there in November. If have the generic shore tour book if you want me to list that info. Don't have the info of what is actually being offered at the moment or pricing.

Does your one have Suva in it? The one we got for our cruise in June doens't have Suva in it.

Kym

The book I have has a green cover and was issued in April 05. My uncle is a Fiji regular (not cruising) and looked at the book. He thought the SUV-A Pacific Harbour Cultural Extravaganza would a good tour.

SUVA - Pacific Harbour Cultural Extravaganza - 4hr

SUVB1 - Rewa Delta Village Tour - Sawani Village - 4hr

SUVB2 - Rewa Deleta Village TOur - Kasavu Village - 4hr

SUVC - Navua River Cruise and Namuamua Village - 8hr

SUVD - Rainforest Walk - 4hr

SUVE - Fiji's Capital Suva and Historical Museum - 3hr

SUVF1 - A Tropical Delight - Raffles Tradewinds Hotel - 3hr

SUVF2 - A Tropical Delight - Holiday Inn - 3hr

SUVH - Rew Delta Tour and visit to the Naililili Church - 2 1/2hr

SUVI - The Jewel of Fiji - 6 hours

As I said before I don't know which ones will be offered or how much they are.

We did the Rewa Village tour in 2004 when we were there and I thought we were going to somewhere like Whakarewarewa in Rotorua. Not so. The people were very very nice and put on a good show for us, but if you get upset by animals in bad condition, don't go. I was upset for several days afterwards. All the skinny dogs looked like they had parvo, skinny pigs everywhere, skinny horses tied up on the side of the road. Va'vau was as bad if not worse.

It is interesting to see the different ways of life. We look at their animals and think they are starved and "bags of bones" (maybe they are or not) and obviously it is normal. When we stayed in Fiji for a week friends went on a beach horseride and said it was awful. Apart from it being hot and humid they said the horses looked malnourished and mistreated.

Archived