Hosting a Party in your Cabin or on your Balcony?

Silc

We are using a TA, and are booked under a group booking. And yes, we did talk to him about having a cocktail party as I knew that that was an option. We had a long discussion about private vs shared, and the impact that that would have on the onboard credit that everyone is receiving. We opted to not go that route, as I would rather that our guests get the onboard credit as opposed to using part of that money to fund a party. However, now that our group is large enough, we may get a room, and then just pay for the party ourselves.

I do like the idea that if we order fruit/cheese platters that they could potentially bring a stand to put them on. As big as the cabin and balcony appear to be, I'm sure that with people, food, bar setup it would get very tight very fast!

And if they limit your alcohol purchase through the Fun Shops, I would imagine I could have my sisters buy a couple of bottles for me, pay them, and then have those available for the party. It's more about variety than amount.

I'll have to run some numbers. It might be cheaper to get the free room and then buy the cocktail "package".

Thanks!

Silc

However, now that our group is large enough, we may get a room, and then just pay for the party ourselves.

Silc

for a group booking-- you get berths-not cabins. So if you sold at least 16 cabins (not people) double occupancy you get 2 free berths in the category that you booked the most in. you get a free berth for every 8 cabins you book.

so if all those people booked balcony cabins you get 2 berths (cruise only price ) in the balcony category-- you pay for port and government taxes