Carry On Size Restriction

Cam6959

We are flying America West to Long Beach. I printed out the confirmation and reading the confirmation it states that due to the smaller sized overheads the carry on size is restricted to a 15x9x11 bag. My very small rolling carry on is 19x13x7. A book bag is larger then the dimensions they give. Help! Can anyone tell me if under the seat is an option for this plane (Canadair Regional Jet 900) or am I going to have to bring my granddaughters little princess bag with me (if that is even small enough). :confused:

• 4 weeks later...

When we flew with them last year on the same type of plane our small roller carry on (same size) would NOT fit under the seat when there was another bag next to it. We tried to get it in the over head but it would not fit there either so we crammed my soft side sholder bag in the overhead and then the roller bag would fit very snugly.

Usually for these small planes they allow you to check it as you enter the plane and then you pick it up as you get off.......

This saves you the pain of "checking" a bag and waiting at baggage claim. And I have never had the airline lose a gate checked bag like they do occasionally with standard baggage checking. Just make sure you pack a separate smaller bag or carrier to take on the plane with you for any essentials you need for the flight -- books, magazines, snacks, etc.

Archived