Southampton Parking

AJ67

I am going on my first cruise in 4 weeks, so this may sound a silly question.

We are staying in a hotel the night before in Southampton, it's about 15 mins from the docks. We have already got car parking sorted.

The question is when we arrive at the docks we cannot embark until 3pm, so would we be able to park the car and then leave the docks to wander around Southampton for a couple of hours? Has anyone done this?

I see no problems with this. If the car is to be parked using CPS parking you can hand it in and have luggage put through the hole in the wall early on, noonish or a bit before. Then walk about town freely with no luggage for a couple of hours. If you have an integrated car parking with your hotel stay at their premises you can leave it at the hotel anyway.

It is easy to walk about Southampton town shopping or whatever then go on to the terminal. Times are not strictly enforced so turning up 30 mins to an hour earlier is not that unreasonable. They try to work early birds into their check in schedule but favour passengers who have presented themselves at the correct time. So your wait at the terminal to be processed is just down to luck to a certain extent.

Regards john