Snorkeling tours to Palancar Reef, Columbia Reef and El Cielo please

TMW67

Looking for the best snorkeling tour that goes to Palancar Reef, Columbia Reef and El Cielo. We don't drink, so the party atmosphere is not important, just looking for a reputable company that goes to all 3 places & give you what they advertise. There seems to be just as many good reviews as bad with all the ones I've looked at. Just would like some fresh input on ones you been to recently & had a good experience. Thanks.:D

We booked this via NCL, but the operator seemed to be Playa Mia beach club so probably it could be booked via them as well. Because of the exchange rate to GBP there wasn't much price difference so we just booked through the cruise line. They picked up right at the dock.

The boat wasn't fancy (not a catamaran) but it was okay and not over crowded. On the way back they served rum punch/beer and played music. the crew danced a little but it wasn't 'party party', more just chilled. I can imagine that vibe depends on who is on board though. I sat on the roof drinking punch and chatting!

The snorkelling was great, we actually only did one reef (Palancar) but there was an option to book an excursion with both. Very clear water and tonnes of fish including a turtle. The instruction was good, for all skill levels. The guides dived down to show us things of interest. They did want us to stay fairly close together so maybe not ideal for an experienced snorkeler who likes to go off on their own (I kept getting called back as I'd get distracted and follow fish!). It was a drift snorkel and lasted around 45 minutes. I loved it, my husband was a bit nervous as it was very deep. We saw scuba divers underneath us.

El Cielo was nice, not as shallow as I thought it would be from the pics but still nice. Plenty of starfish, and also saw a stingray. Very clear water again.