Nature/Adventure Excursions

EbbandFlow

Hi All!,

We'll be stopping in St. Maarten from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm and was wondering if there are any nature/adventure excursions recommended to do (like snorkeling, ATV riding, kayaking, hiking etc.). We're using San Juan as a more sightseeing/historical excursion day so we were looking to do something different at St. Maarten. Also looking for recommendations on any authentic food places! Thanks!

I haven't been to St. Maarten yet as my cruise is in December but these are the 2 options I've been looking at that might be along the lines of what you are looking for also. Caribbean Paddling rents kayaks, stand-up paddleboards and snorkel gear and does have a shuttle service for cruise passengers. I emailed them and they said it would take about 15-20 minutes to kayak over to Pinel Island. You could either do a picnic lunch or there are 2 beach restaurants that have both re-opened on Pinel.

The other option I'm considering is Seagrape Tours Hiking and Snorkeling Tour. They have a max of 6 people per tour.

Links for both websites are below. The reviews for both on Tripadvisor seem pretty good.

https://www.caribbeanpaddling.com/

https://seagrapetours.com/