What does "Upsell" mean?

higcat

:confused: Help please, I keep seeing "Upsell" in this board but am not really sure what that means. We've booked a balcony room on the Wind for May 7 to Alaska. Is there still a possibility of being upgraded to a suite or a family suite? How do I go about making that happen or is that something my travel agent does? Is there is any trick to getting an upgrade for a 1st time cruiser? Does the squeaky wheel get extra attention? Thanks so much. Happy Cruising!:D

An upsell is something that is offered by NCL, and usually happens well after the final payment is made. Your travel agent will have to be the one who tries to get an upsell for you, and no, the squeeky wheel definately does not get the grease in this instance.

My best suggestion would be to read all the threads you can about upsells. There's a lot to be said about them, and it's best to be well-read on the topic before plunging in! ;)

Happy sailing! :D

Upsell you get or sometimes make an offer to the upsell desk.And yes I have found the squeeky wheel gets the grease.We called 3 or 4 times in 2 weeks and we finally got a good price on Penthouse.If you use a ta they will have to call for you.If you are looking for an free upgrade I think the best way is to try to get a guarentee and hope for the best. Good Luck TOM

Archived