First Timer in Cruise department

chook63

Hi Everyone

Later this year we will be taking our first cruise, Pacific Star - Tropical Tonic R628 even though we still have a few months to go I am now in count down mode - hubby checks each day that I have not got the cases down to start packing, excited - not me noooooo!!

Chook63:D

Thanks Aussiedisneyfan

Thats OK if you are only traveling the next day and packing for one, we are leaving home 4 days before we set sail. I can't help my self I just have to be organised well before time.

Chook63:p

I think half the fun of cruising is the planning and discussion beforehand. At least here you can talk about it to your hearts content without people telling you enough is enough!

Welcome to the new people this is an enjoyable place to be for cruising fanatics. :)

I think half the fun of cruising is the planning and discussion beforehand. At least here you can talk about it to your hearts content without people telling you enough is enough!

Welcome to the new people this is an enjoyable place to be for cruising fanatics. :)

Isn't it funny how people start changing the subject when you start telling them about your cruise you have been on or the one you are going on.:confused:

Isn't it funny how people start changing the subject when you start telling them about your cruise you have been on or the one you are going on.:confused:

I've noticed that with some people.When we told some people we know that we are going on a cruise they were not interested in what we had to say, they didn't ask where or when we were going or anything. All they said was - "Have you seen the titanic" "Did you watch the poisoiden adventure?":rolleyes:I was suprised at the way they just started to carry on.

I even had one person say very angrily and scathingly, "Why don't you get on a plane and go on a real trip, it is much better". This person has not been on a cruise or even travelled/flown to Oz to see her daughter and grandchildren. I much prefer the, give your luggage to the security men, unpack it when it is taken to your cabin for you and not have to trudge through airport after airport which we would have to do if we visited three or four places if you flew there. She even told me I get bored on the ship, there is nothing to do and why bother. Man, was I mad. I just walked away as some people are just so arrogant they are not worth bothering about. The stupid part was she asked us how our trip went.:confused: :confused: :confused: :eek:

Hi Everyone

Later this year we will be taking our first cruise, Pacific Star - Tropical Tonic R628 even though we still have a few months to go I am now in count down mode - hubby checks each day that I have not got the cases down to start packing, excited - not me noooooo!!

Chook63:D

welcome chook. Those months will fly by especially when spent in these boards. You will see others leave for their cruise, return and leave their reports, still waiting for your turn THEN before you know it everyone will be saying bon voyage to you too.

I share your excitement. I simply can't wait until my first cruise in May onboard Arcadia.

Booked last May, and now only 4 months to go, time is flying.

I have never been so excited abbout a holiday before, and hope this will be the first of many. The kids are old enough to leave (18 AND 20) we have good jobs (me a directors PA, hubbie general manager of a engineering company) got the gear now (tux, long dresses, new cases, binoculars!) SO HOPE THIS CRUISE WILL BE THE FIRST MANY.

This first one is the canaries, then fancy Med, Arctic, and Caribbean....

Would try different ships as well, Oriana, Aurora etc.

Sue:)

Hi!

just to say hello and keep planning I have been packed for three days. Do not tell Suey that I am packed she hates it when I pack early she packs the night before too.

I manage to convert people to the ideal holiday on the ship and now all I get is that I am a bi*** or a luck cow.

Archived