W Caribbean -- Jacket/Shawl every night?

kosmo

Hello! We are just 9 days away from our first cruise on the Grand Princess (Western Caribbean) and I'm trying to plan my attire. :confused: I have lots of nice camisoles to wear on the non-formal nights but question is ... will I need a shawl/wrap/jacket every night or are there just a couple nights that are cooler than others? I'm just not sure I currently have enough pieces in my wardrobe to match everything w/a wrap so any tips/ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much! :)

Debbie

Yes - you need "something" for the evenings. The dining room and all the public rooms are cool in the evenings. You can use the same shawl every night ... at least carry one over your arm on the way to dinner (or wheverer) ... then you can wrap it around your shoulders during the meal or show or in the bar .... The men seem to do better - especially on formal nights - they are wearing jackets!!! Some take a pashmina type shawl and use that each evening. Don't worry about something different each night - but bring something in a neutral color that will go with everything. You'll have the time of your life and be addicted to cruising just like the rest of us. Bon Voyage!!!

I agree that a shaw or other type wrap is in order for almost every night on most caribbean cruises. Dining rooms are often chilly as well as other public areas. I pack a lacy white shaw that reverses to white with silver flecks. It's enough to keep the chill off and goes with outfits in my cruise wardrobe from formal to casual nights.

Dianne

Yes.. definitely pack a shawl and or jacket to give your evenings a different look. On my Alaska summer cruise I had 2 shaws - one black, one neutral colour. This Spring on our Mexican cruise, I plan on bringing one black shawl and one "brightly coloured" shawl - either fushia pink or green.. just to add some colour to my basic black wardrope.. Enjoy.. you will have a blast!:p

I agree with the above posters. Also, keep in mind that if you get too much sun (in addition to it being cool in the public areas) you are definitely going to want something. I always bring one black and 2 in neutral colors. Have fun.

Archived